I'm going to try to keep any bad news to a minimum, because quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing it and reporting it.
I had a very pleasant surprise yesterday. A friend that I haven't seen in three years surprised me by dropping by. Matt and I worked together years ago and he is a very dear person. He took my mind off things by making me laugh and catching me up on what he's been up to. Ladies, he's single. ;) I want to thank Ann T., Matt, and Fort for their generous gifts. You guys shouldn't have. It is far too generous and Chris and I are thankful. When this is all over and we get back, we have to get together. Chris is quite the gourmet chef and he can make dinner while we catch up over a bottle of wine. If there is anything that any of you might need, please, ask. We'd be happy to do it.
I'm still having headaches, but I sincerely think that they are now stress induced. The left side of my neck is so tight, it hurts to move it around. I keep telling myself that I need to relax. One of these days, I'll figure out how to do that.
I'm happy to report that my blood counts are coming up. They've reached the point that I'm allowed to have raw vegetables. Quite frankly, I'm sick of eating out of cans. We celebrated by getting Chinese take-out. I had to wait out in the car, since I still can't be around large groups of people. It was wonderful to eat something that didn't come out of the freezer or a can.About the title of this posting; it's what was in my fortune cookie. I'm sure it will make sense one day
8 comments:
Ann & Chris & Others,
At the urging of another commenter, I contacted a friend who works for U.S. Rep. Bobby Jindal. He is the Rep. for your family's district and has been so involved in healthcare reform that I thought he might could offer advice, etc.
My friend was going to pass on your information to the constituents services people in DC and might also call you.
It might help for additional people to contact his constituent services office. The impact will be greater and they will realize how important this is.
I think if anyone can step in and make a difference, it's him.
We'll be praying for you both.
Ashley
I think that it's always a great idea for the voting public to stay in close touch with their Congress members.
Making your Goverment work for the people is what this country is all about!
I have been reading up on your blog ... came across it from the Facebook group that has been formed. I just wanted you to know that you are very inspirational and my prayers are for your full and speedy recovery!!
~Shannon
PS: Red is an important color for you, blood and blood platelets are super important!
Chris' Mom says ....Please anonymous provide the number we need to call to contact the constituents service. Thanks.
Hey, Ann, my boyfriend told me that your bone marrow is red (some of it)! And our group reached 2000! WHOO HOO!!!
- Paige
Ann -
Yes, blood is RED and that is very important to you. I sent emails today to 8 friends of Asian/Caucasina descent and asked them to register as marrow donors and to ask ALL their family to do so as well. 7 so far have emailed back that they will do so and have contacted family to do so as well. My dry cleaners is owned and operated by a vietnamese family with children married to caucasians. I brought your situation to their attentiona and they are having their grandchildren register and they are all doing so as well and spreading the word here in Dallas too.
Stay strong and know that there are people out here in your support and working for you.
I don't know you, but a friend of a friend does and emailed me....let's hope that the word keeps spreading and growing!
Here's how to contact Jindal's office:
bobby.jindal@mail.house.gov
(202)-225-3015 DC office
(504) 837-1259 Metairie office
(985) 893-9064 St. Tammany office
(985) 340-2185 Tangipahoa office
Did you get Lucky Numbers? Let's have them and I will play the lottery for you!
Post a Comment