Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Public Disclaimer

Ann has asked me to edit/remove two posts from the site, one from today and the other from yesterday.

Ann was afraid that those posts where detracting from the intent of the blog as a place for friends and family to check in on her. I can't in all honesty say I disagree with her judgment. Here is what you need to know in summarized form from the edited and deleted posts. Just the facts - no hyperbole.

1) MD Anderson says Ann needs a Stem Cell Transplant have a chance of being cured.

2) Umbilical cord blood is the only source of stem cells they can find for her.

3) Ann has been denied this procedure by our insurance company.

4) We are appealing the insurance companies' decision.

Also after analyzing the traffic that has come through this site recently I feel that it is now necessary to make the following statement.

Neither Ann or I are Doctors, nor do we have any medical training. Any views or information posted on this blog is either our untrained speculation or personal opinion about Ann's condition. The content of this Web log is intended for public consumption, but it does not attempt to report medical information with any necessary precision or accuracy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disclaimer or not, having the insurance deny the stem cell transplant is baloney and I’m pissed.