Sunday, March 25, 2007

Laura Ingraham Rocks

On the morning of January 9th 2007 I was listening to the Laura Ingraham Show at my office. Unfortunately because Laura is not carried by any of the AM radio stations in Baton Rouge I had to purchase a Laura365 account and stream her over the internet. I remember that morning , between phone calls to a client, hearing Laura talk about the story of a woman who had been cured of acute leukemia with an umbilical cord transplant. I remember thinking "Wow! I didn't know they could do that..." before I nose dived back into the project schedule I was working on.

Little did I know that Ann would call me at lunch time that day and say the fateful words.

"Honey, the Doctor called and he wants me to go the Hematologist..."

Yesterday I was wracking my brain trying to remember the story that Laura was reading from. I would have gone back to the The Laura Ingraham Show archives but, I had long since terminated my membership to save money for more important things. So after a ton of fruitless googling, in desperation I penned an email to Laura and asked her for the citation of the piece she was reading. I honestly didn't expect an answer.

Much to my surprise I got one!

I received an email with a few really interesting stories about the efficacy of cord blood in treating leukemia that I had not seen before. This one about a Double CBT performed in Israel is particularly interesting, because it is exactly the same procedure that MD Anderson wants to do for Ann. In addition to researching the show info I asked about, my Laura365 account is being reinstated as a gift.

I can't say thank you enough! I'm really touched that someone high up enough in the national media that they sub regularly for Bill O’Reilly, would take the time to do something like that for us.

All politics aside: Some people just have their hearts in the right place, and it really shows through.

No comments: