First, I want to say that I absolutely love the comments. These go a long way towards cheering me up and giving me a good laugh. It's nice to know that you are all out there and it makes me feel connected. Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you're uncomfortable leaving a comment, but you want to talk, you can always email me. The address should be off to the side in my profile. I know it's in there somewhere, because I've received emails off of the site. Chris is the more proficient computerfile, I just make him fix things when I'm too lazy. :)
I was admitted to the hospital again and the room is comfortable and the staff is as always wonderful. I had lumbar puncture number 7 a few hours ago and we're hoping for the best. We'll keep you posted.
I will admit that I am worried about the Cyterabine. I didn't enjoy being blind and I'm really hopeful that with agressive steroid treatment, that we can avoid this side effect. Maybe I'll run into some well intentioned soul with a really great folk remedy that can cure this. Maybe it could involve something like possum urine and spanish moss. That would be fun. I'd have to insist that they try it first just to insure their level of commitment.
Seriously, I don't listen to these "well intentioned" people. I don't know what it is about me that makes these people single me out, but I do promise that I go deaf when they start talking. It's an art form. I do believe that I will start carrying around a roll of duct tape and a bulldog clip. Look out Magyver.
That's it for tonight. I'm feeling fine. Keep posting those great comments! It gets lonely in here and I love hearing from all of you!
5 comments:
Those of us that know you KNOW what it is about you that people single out. :) You are SO special.
Ann,
Came across your web site through the Advocate. Though I live in Arkansas now, I read the Advocate daily as my piece of home.
Ann, though we do not know each other personally, do know that your someone I look up too with the utter most respect!
My thoughts and prayers are with you daily!
Ann,
I've tried the possum urine and spanish moss remedy and I can tell you firsthand that other than making you irresistible to possums (don't ask), it doesn't seem to work :) You're in my thoughts and prayers every day. Also, if anyone is giving you a hard time, just sic Tina on them!
My Dear Sweet Ann,
I have been so worried about you and was unable to get any information until today. I am so sorry to hear of your struggle. You will be placed on the prayer list with my Sunday School class as well as with my church. I have read some of the blogs concerning your treatment. What I want to know is how you are handling this emotionally? I want to help in any way I can. I was in Houston two weekends ago and had I known, I could have come to see you.
Hang in there. I am going to try to give you a call later.
Lee Anne Spurlock
Hi Ann,
Dr.Toi and I are so sad to read about all the struggles you and Chris have been enduring. We left you a comment on your march 11 entry. You are definitely in our prayers. We hope you are able to get your surgery soon. You are blessed to have someone like Chris to take such great care of you.
Please call or email us.
By the way, We just had a baby girl 4 months ago. We'll send you pics.
Lots of love, Dr.Toi and Dr. Cyndi
Post a Comment