Friday, March 30, 2007

Kim Jong il Sucks!

Day 78

Hello everyone. Today we have no appointments at MDA so it's going to be an uneventful post. I can report that Ann has been suffering from some headaches, Her Doctor thinks that this may be hormones from the lupren shots, but I think it's stress brought on by everything we have been through in the last couple of days.

Headaches are also a primary symptom of leukemia relapse so they are discussing if we need to do an MRI to look for cancer in her CNS. All of the lumbar punctures that she has had to endure up to this point have turned up clear and free from malignant cells. A pretty good sign but far from a complete guarantee that it isn't there.

I wanted to mention that I noticed a young couple (Husband and Wife) on the bus coming home from MDA yesterday, and they look like they are just starting. The woman has leukemia, I think and the Husband is wearing the semi-permanent scowl that I had when Ann first got here. I wanted to say hello to them but, it just seemed really awkward and then the opportunity was gone. I really hope we get a chance again. They both look like they could use someone to talk to.


I know that things have been kinda dreary on the blog here (CBT, Appeal, Denial) so we have decided to have a little fun. Ann has something planned for next week that she thinks you'll all like. Right now though, I wanted everyone to see how Ann imagines her leukemia cells.


Yes that's right...Lil' Kim from Team America: World Police, millions and millions of him .... only microscopic!

Lastly I want to add there is some news at MD Anderson which we are encouraged about. We hope to be able to share it with you Tuesday.

4 comments:

sharksmom said...

I'm glad you have some encouraging news! I received an email from a friend, that she got from a friend, and have now forwarded to all my friends asking for donations to the NTAF account.
Stay strong! (Both of you)

Anonymous said...

Encouraging news? But we have to wait until Tuesday? A couple of teases you two are!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! I LOVE your sense of humor Ann!! ~Jeannette

Unknown said...

:) You are just contagious Ann. :) He is b___ ugly as my kids would say.