Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day +140

Chris has insisted that it is my turn to blog today. I'm not exactly in the best mood, so please forgive me a head of time. My transplant doctor stopped in while I was out having a CT scan, so she got a lot of one on one time with Chris. It would seem that the protein levels in my blood have dropped which means that my body is going to start cannibalizing my muscles for protein soon. She suggested that he get me to drink a boost. I will drink the boost. When I am ready. Getting the little can pushed under my nose every few hours is making me dig my heels in and resist like a 4 year old. I have been complaining about possible being malnourished for a month and I'm just now getting lambasted. Please give me a break.

I had several large helpings of citrus flavored barium before the CT scan which has caused multiple tummy problems. My nurse gave me some Ativan before hand so I wouldn't throw up. Throwing up wasn't the problem. It was the other end. Go barium.

I'm getting a new line inserted to receive IV medicines. The stick line that I currently have isn't cutting it. The option of another CVC was presented, but discarded in favor of a PIC line. It's a line that runs up my arm. I hope it doesn't get in the way of the knitting, because I don't really have anything to do up here.

Poor Chris is getting manic with the not knowing. None of the test results are in and he lives for the numbers. I have a small surgery scheduled for Friday. The head and neck guys are going to be going in and taking out a larger piece of the necrotic "tumor", for testing. Can't wait. Maybe I'll get ice cream and pudding for most of my meals.

I don't have anything more to add. Chris may blog later if he learns anything else. He's been quite a trooper throughout this entire ordeal and I'm hoping it's all over before too long.

6 comments:

carilou said...

Mmmm...reminds me of my favorite homecooked meal. Barium on toast.
Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

hey yall, i KNOW ITS HARD, you will both get through it! Stay strong and Ihope you feel better soon.
Contessa

Anonymous said...

Go to herinteractive.com and download Nancy Drew: "Curse of Blackmoor Manor". It gave me hours and hours of fun when I was ill. Be careful, it's addictive!

Hang in there. This too shall pass. You've come a long way. Keep fighting!

Love and Prayers from out west.

Laren said...

Hey y'all. I love you, If you want to talk I'm up anytime

Nancy said...

Ann & Chris, Whew... hang in there, think positive,and keep knitting (or keep busy) but, also rest as much as you can. love ya, nance

Michelle said...

Dear Ann & Chris,

I turn my back from your site for just 2 weeks and all of this craziness has happened to you guys. Shame on me. My fingers and toes are crossed and I am sending you positive mental vibes right at this very instant (did you get them???). Hang in there.