Friday, October 5, 2007

Day +128

My throat and ear appear to be on the mend. Thank you, Valtrex. Every time this prescription gets filled, I get a little pamphlet on herpes. This makes me wonder what the pharm techs must be thinking, since I have to get it filled once a month. I know, I have bigger things to worry about.

I'm completely congested on the left side of my face and it's making me miserable. Nothing that I've done helps and no amount of nose blowing produces anything. I can feel it occasionally drain into my stomach, which is a supremely delicious feeling. This generally happens fifteen minutes before I vomit. As if things aren't complicated enough. I didn't manage to hold anything down yesterday, which made me feel dehydrated and miserable today. I made a point of drinking tons of liquids which only made me feel worse.

I've managed not to vomit today, but the record is starting to look a little shaky. Dinner consisted of pancakes and water--my choice. I thought the pancakes would be easy to digest. Halfway through the meal I started to feel queasy and had to stop eating. Chris told me I just looked pitiful. That pretty much sums up how I felt. I have one more round of pills to take tonight, and I'm worried that I won't be able to keep them down.

Chris' kitty has been keeping me company all day. If I stay still long enough, she'll climb onto my lap and pin me down for an hour or two. I stopped fighting her and just started taking naps whenever she did. It's worked out rather well. We haven't been able to get a decent picture of her to post, so you wouldn't know that she is enormous. Hence, her nickname: My Baloney. It's an homage to a character on 30 Rock and it's very apropos. Her real name is Etsuko, but we're convinced that she doesn't realize it.

Chris and Dixie are pulling long faces around me. I know that they're just worried about me. I wish that I could reassure them more effectively. I just feel like pooh right now. Not "cancer" pooh, but allergies/flu/cold pooh. I have a follow up with my ENT next week and he should have the results from the throat swab.

I'm off to take the last of my medications for the evening and then it's off to bed for me. The life of a recovering CBT patient is nothing if not exciting.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Everyone, Ann has been hospitalized. Please keep Ann and Chris in your prayers.