Monday, October 15, 2007

Abnormal Cells Found

D +138

Today MDA did a CT Scan and Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) of Ann's "tonsil". It turns out not to be a "tonsil" after all, but some type of mass that just happens to be near the lymph nodes on her jaw line.

Our doctor indicated that the mass looked like a lump of necrotic tissue on the CT Scan.

The FNA of the mass showed it contained abnormal cells. Not enough were collected to perform flow cytometery so slides are being prepared. They will be ready Wednesday.

I would like to be optimistic, but this all but rules out GVHD, bacteria or viruses as the source of Ann's low grade fever, stomach cramps and diarrhea.

3 comments:

Carilou said...

Well that is pretty crappy. I am glad that she you had fever and cramps though. That's your body telling you that there wasn't something right going on that needed to be addressed.

Stay strong. We're all thinking of you.

pj said...

Chris,

Oh how I know the feeling of dread, uncertainty and helplessness. Ann is a tough cookie, and right now, you have to believe that she'll overcome this latest hurdle. Stay positive, and please give Ann my best. I think about you guys every day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann and Chris,
I am sorry that I haven't been on here, I been busy, Does this mean that you won't be knitting Cindy her SUV for Christmas? I hope that all gets better soon and you two have stayed sooo strong, please don't lose your faith now. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend, my thoughts are with all of you and seems to me that she was a very sweet and strong, and very special person and we are all lucky to have learned about her through you and Chris. Keep in touch, I wrote ya but I guess this is why I never heard back! I hope to hear from you soon with some good news!Talk to you soon,
Contessa