Sunday, June 29, 2008

S.O.B.

WBC: 14.7 K/UL (4.0-11.0)
RBC: 3.93 M/UL (4.00-5.50)
HMG: 12.0 G/DL (12.0-16.0)
PLT: 264 K/UL (140-440)
ANC: 11.32 K/UL (1.70-7.30)

So my cunning plan to escape my beige and taupe prison has been thwarted.

As you can all see, my white blood cell count has increased over Friday. My red blood cell count and platelets are dropping. My absolute neutrophil count is astounding.

I actually saw Dr. Khouri today and he expressed some concern about my CBC. He's ordering a full work up for tomorrow, including a CT scan and bone marrow biopsy. In his words, "it's going to be a full day." So as it stands I'm keeping the mystery, so to speak. Dr. Khouri cautioned us that it still might be nothing, but it could be EBV, and it's not out of the question that it could be a relapse.

He advised us to post-pone closing on the house for at least a week. His feeling is that we'll know what we're dealing with in that time frame. I just hope the sellers are cooperative. If worse comes to worse, Dixie has power of attorney and can close for us tomorrow.

So there you have it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow - I know it has to be hard - just the wondering.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Jennifer
aka Clanc from LLS Board
Tampa FL

Anonymous said...

hope everything goes just fine with all the tests and keep us posted

ML

pj said...

My friend, I'm with you in spirit.