Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day +377

I have been sitting on this little nugget of news for over a week and it has nearly killed me to keep quiet: My friend Nancy was on The Price is Right! The episode featuring her in all of her fabulousness aired on 6/10 and I believe for a limited time you can view it here. Just select the episode of the same date. I screamed when she let us in on the secret. Literally screamed. It's just one of those once in a lifetime opportunities and the show is so iconic. It couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving person and I'm so glad she got the chance to thank her bone marrow donor on national television.

Nancy did ask that we not post any incriminating pictures and I think I've managed to skirt the offence. Sorry Nancy, I'm just so thrilled for you! I had to share the fun.

6 comments:

Tina said...

I watched a bit of it. enough to see Nancy up on stage! That is so fun. I love the Price Is Right.

Plinkooooooooooooooo.

Contessa said...

Hi Ann and Chris,
Sorry I haven't written in a while, but I did send you pictures. WOW!!!! That is really awsome for Nancy!!I got caught up on blogs and I read from you to the other patients and how much they amaze you with their strength and courage, what you don't realize is how much you inspire me, and many, many others, your stength and your courage have opened a new reality for me, I look at life in a totally different way and I realized just how precious life really is, and how lucky I am to be alive and how honored I am to have been able to know you and Chris(in a sense,you know what I mean). Oh yeah, where is Cindy's knitted SUV??? Anyway, Thank you for being so awsome.
Love,
Contessa

Contessa said...

I watched the PRICE IS RIGHT on here and Nancy looks wonderful on stage, and congrats on 2 years post transplant, AWSOME!!

Susan Carrier said...

Nancy is such a natural on TV. Her exuberant personality really shines through.

Anonymous said...

I love Plinko!
-Carilou

Nancy said...

Thank you guys. Ann, you are so crazy.... I just love it!!! Thanks for your support. I was a little "spastic" on The Price is Right stage but it was a blast and I'd do it again!!! love you all! n