Monday, June 30, 2008

I've got a CT scan booked for 4:30 and the barium has just made it to the floor. My nurse is supposed to bring the first cup in a few minutes. Berry flavored--adventurous. A nice young man from the CT team just left my room after confirming that I'm in good shape and able to do this. Unfortunately, he had to break the news that I'd be getting IV iodine contrast in addition to the barium and--wait for it, rectal iodine.

That's just not cool.

I've done this before and it's not the most comfortable experience. That's all I'm going to say.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a long time lurker coming out of hiding to wish you the best!

Kim

Anonymous said...

I've read your blog religiously since day 18...your "adventure" has been nothing short of miraculous. This current setback is just not fair!!! You and Chris are in my thoughts...stay positive in spite of the bad hospital food! Maybe Chris can sneak you in some good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ann,
Just wanting you to know that we are thinking about you. Take care!
Fred and Susan

Anonymous said...

Good luck Ann, we're thinking of you.
Mara & Wiley

Anonymous said...

hi,

i really hope that everything will be doing ok. i've reading ur blog for inspiration n to learn this it is so sad and u r always on my prayers and thought.

please keep us posted.

ml

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Ann

Tina said...

rectal contrast. too many things to say.

hang in there.