Monday, May 21, 2007

Transplant Mobilization Starts

Day 129 (D -9)

Today has been an absolutely horrible day on several fronts.

On May 11, we closed on our house. That was over ten days ago. The check from the sale was deposited the same day. The issuing bank recalled the check on Friday. Long story short, I can't access the money because the money has been removed from my account, and my bank put a hold on my account. This was supposed to be corrected today. No chance. The person with whom we've been dealing with at my bank has been giving us the run-around. Literally. I know people usually say things like this when they're upset, but this person has had us running in circles. So, this is supposed to be fixed tomorrow. Seriously.

Chris's computer broke today. Awesome.

The one nice thing that did happen today was that I was pre-admitted to the hospital. This eliminates waiting around admissions for hours. Chris and I got to go back to the apartment after my morning appointments and just hang out together. Admissions called us around 4:30 to let us know that my room was ready. We got to the hospital thirty minutes later only to discover that my room was still dirty because the former patient had only just been discharged. The room next door was clean, so they let me have it. The really good news is that it didn't smell like urine.

My chemo starts tomorrow. Tonight, we're waiting for the IV team because there are clots in my line. The nurses can't start any fluids or hook anything up to my lumens until the clots have been dissolved. Chris and I aren't getting warm fuzzies about anything.

To compensate, I've ordered more desserts than I can eat by myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Describe the desserts.

Anonymous said...

I hope you ordered LOTS of chocolate stuff!!! Stay focused on your goal. Remember what Nancy said: There will be bumps in the road (sometimes potholes) along the way. I hope today is better and not so overwhelming. Lots of love...