Day 132 (D -6)
Ann got put on contact isolation today because of a little sniffle she developed yesterday. They did a nasal wash and then cultured what came out to see what would grow. So far there has been no evidence of "bugs" and the sniffle could have just have been allergies. Until we know one way or the other anyone going into Ann's room has to wear a stylish yellow paper gown, gloves, and a mask. Likewise if she leaves the room then she has to wear them, to prevent possible infection to the other BMT patients on the floor.Ann got her 1st bag of Fludarabine today, and luckily there are no side effects to report. She does feel like this chemo is "kicking her butt" much harder than any she has had before. Understandable considering that this chemo is supposed to kill off over 95% or more of her bone marrow.
Still she is doing her best to roll with the punches. The nursing staff keeps telling me how important it is that she walk and get up out of bed as much as possible. To that end I have been trying to motivate her to get up and move, walk, anything as long as she is active. Today she managed 1.5 miles around the perimeter of the BMT floor. After that she got tired and spent pretty much the rest of the day sleeping. I get a little disappointed when I see her get so tired and worry about pushing her too hard. I really wish that this had happened to me instead of her.
2 comments:
Dee minus six. Dee minus five.
Dee plus one is soon to arrive
Ann will get hooked up to a bag of cell jelly
But not in the room that is pee-pee smelly
Soon she’ll be running around leukemia-free
Screaming and dancing like an drunken banshee
Chris - I wouldn't wish this on you or on Ann. I'm just grateful she has you. You have been a wonderful caregiver to her. With the emergence of a second caregiver I hope you can make some time to take care of yourself to relieve stress.
Post a Comment