Day 120 (D - 18)
Thank you Lawrence, Edith, and Josh D. and everyone involved in the jambalaya fundraiser. You guys are amazing! I know it took a lot of time, effort, and hard work. Chris and I really appreciate it and love you guys. Josh, you know it's true love when you let a girl paint your nose red. :)
Today we had an early blood draw and apheresis. I must say that I'm a little disappointed that the number of stem cells they're able to collect from me continues to fall. Since Monday, they've only collected 2.9 million. The goal is 5 million and any extra is bonus. Dr. Alousi increased my neupogen dosage to 1200 mg a day to see if this would help stimulate growth. I haven't really had any bone pain since I started the neupogen again. Every now and again my joints will ache for a few minutes and I'll get a little headache. The only major side effect so far has been that my knuckles are swollen and it hurts to straighten out my fingers.
My platelet count was low today, as was my magnesium. I was able to get a magnesium IV while my stem cells were being collected. Unfortunately, I had to get platelets at the ATC bed unit. It's a hit or miss here. Either you wait forever, or you go right in. We got to go in after waiting for half an hour. I must say, I spent over eight hours in bed today hooked up to IV's. This also means that I got to take multiple naps while Chris tooled around on the computer.
We got back to the apartment after 5pm and other than a touch of food poisoning from lunch, nothing eventful happened. I wish I had more to write, but I'm still fuzzy from all of the pre-meds I get before transfusions. I promise to be more lucid tomorrow.
3 comments:
You don't know me, but I will be keeping you in my prayers. I heard about you through facebook. My husband and I are going to China on a missions trip this summer, and it's costing us close to $5,000. Of course, we had to fundraise to get that much. And I was thinking to myself, people are willing to go out and be aggressive for their own things, like going to China, or something similar, but they aren't willing to take 5 minutes and $20 to help save a life. That's a travesty to me. Anywho... I truly hope things look up for you really soon. My husband and I will pray for you.
Ann-
I hope that today was a good one for you! I have had to practically beg to get your contact information from some of our mutual friends ... I now know where you are and from Saturday's bolg "how" you are. Since the moment I heard I have kept you in my prayers. Please tell me what I can do for you. I guess you need blood and donations... please let me know or have Chris do so. You are on my mind all the time- and I know God will bless you, Ann. Keep up your spirits! Hope to hear back from you. Also- can I send ya a postcard? Of so, maybe have Chris send me the mailing address. Most fondly...
Hi there Ann & Chris!!!!!
We're still rooting for you up here in PA. Come on stem cells, what are you waiting for already??? :)
The two of you are such a beautiful couple. We really appreciate your strength, humor, and openness in dealing with all that you are going through.
love,
karen & joe.
Post a Comment