Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday

Day 127 (D -11)

Our friend Liz let us know that NMDP is offering free marrow typing kits. If you aren't registered, you should take advantage of this because the kits/typing normally cost quite a bit. It's only a swab and a minute of your time. Please, please, please take a moment and do this because there are so many people in need. There is a link to the NMDP site off to the side. It's so easy, you don't even have to think about it. :)

No appointments today. Hooray! I've had blood drawn from me everyday for the past week and I officially have track marks. On my left arm is a long bruise leading up to my shoulder as a result of all of the blood draws. I'm happy to do all of this because it means that I get my transplant.

I'm starting to get nervous about the transplant since it's only a few days away. During apheresis, we met a woman who had undergone a cord blood transplant six months earlier. She advised me that during chemotherapy, that I would probably feel fine. It's the week after the transplant that I'll probably be incapacitated. It's hard to think back to how I felt five months ago after my first round of chemotherapy. Today I feel strong, almost like my old self. I hate to think that I'll be starting over again and that is selfish of me.

Dixie's here for the weekend. She has been absolutely amazing during this entire time and I couldn't be more grateful to have her in my life. From finalizing the house sale to selling my car, she has been a dynamo. To top that, she's been caring for two of our cats in addition to the two that she already has.

I'm sure I'll be a basket case tomorrow, so I'm not sure if a post will happen. I'll do my best, though.

2 comments:

Joe.Karen said...

hi ann & chris!!!!

sending lots of big giant virtual hugs your way. we are still praying for your every day. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

love,
karen & joe

Nancy said...

Ann, you have already had a rough journey, but you can see it out!!! This is for all the marbles. I'm behind you all the way. You or Chris can call me day or night. My thoughts are always with you. STAY POSITIVE! It goes a long way. love, nancy