Day 135 (D-3)
In keeping with the bugs bunny theme there was a series of shorts involving Bugs and Elmer performing Wagner. After the day I had yesterday, I can now sympathize with Elmer Fudd.
In keeping with the bugs bunny theme there was a series of shorts involving Bugs and Elmer performing Wagner. After the day I had yesterday, I can now sympathize with Elmer Fudd. I was lucid for the better part of 30 minutes and not all at once. The ATG caused a high fever which compounded my nausea. In addition to all of this, I wasn't able to eat.
Today was the first day that I managed to keep something down. Chris brought me a power bar which seemed to be ok. The floor's nutritionist paid me a visit today. I'm grateful, since I haven't really eaten in three days. I'd order food, thinking that I was hungry, only to be nauseated at the sight of it. Poor Chris had to eat in a corner to keep me from throwing up from the scent of his food. The nutritionist advised that I only eat cold foods, since they are generally low in odor. She also told me to focus on one food at a time, so as not to get overwhelmed. Tonight's dinner consisted of every jello flavor on the menu, yogurt, a milkshake, and a boost breeze. The jello tasted really strange, and it smelled like room freshener, so I passed after a few bites. The yogurt brought on a touch of nausea, and the milkshake was something that Chris ordered for me. It was just nice to have a little something in my stomach after so many days.
Today's dose of ATG was tolerated much better. The nurse elected to give it to me over a longer period of time in case I needed more steroids to tolerate it. Not a problem. I was able to go on three walks today, at the prodding of my loving husband. I also worked with my spirometer. The doctor said it sounded like my right lung was collapsing. This was just a result of me being trapped in bed yesterday due to high fever, etc. It's frightening how fast something like that could happen. You had better believe that I was only too happy to get out of bed and start moving. I couldn't imaging having a collapsed lung.
Today was the last day of chemo. I hope it's permanent. I get two days off, and then I get my stem cells. Yippee!!
2 comments:
Ann, I am continually in awe of your spirit! No energy and feeling like crap and you still manage to post an update on your blog! You are amazing! With your attitude, those new stem cells will HAVE to take... you won't give them a choice!
Amen!
Post a Comment