Saturday, May 5, 2007

Lazy day

Day 114

Today the movers came and packed up our house. It 's strange to think that total strangers were going through our things and putting them away in boxes. Chris was a little down today because the reality of our house being sold finally sank in. The new owner takes possession next week. I hope he's as happy there as we were.

On the up side, we get to start over in a new house when I'm better. Let's hope that I've learned from all of my do it yourself mistakes. Let's also hope that it doesn't take me forever like the last house.

I got to spend the day knitting, which was very nice. Chris spent the day trying to fix the computer. He finally gave in to the allure of a microsoft upgrade and downloaded vista. It took three days to download and all day to install. In the end, we ended up losing a few programs that are important to what Chris does for a living. I have some of them on my computer, but they can't be transferred. You win some, you lose some.

The toes were a treat today. The offending toe that got me into this was actually pain free today. The other toe hurt off and on all day. Strange how things work. I have to soak them in a foot bath twice a day and change the dressings. Chris is worried about infection. Me too. I don't want this to be the thing that delays the transplant. I have to be healed before the end of two weeks. Dr. Oliver was coy about how long this should take to heal. She vaguely said two weeks, then changed over to several weeks. I just keep telling myself that it's going to resolve itself in time.

On to the one thing that is really worrying me. I started getting the increased doses of neupogen Friday morning in the hope that I would start producing increased numbers of stem cells. I have to produce a certain amount in order for the transplant team to harvest them. I've had a little bone pain, but nothing compared to what I've had in the past. This worries me since I expected to have a large amount of bone pain this weekend. If I can't make enough stem cells, the doctor wants to bring my mom in. I'm worried, because I don't think that we'll be able to convince her to do it. I'm hoping that they have a plan C.

I have a blood draw tomorrow morning. We won't know anything, since there isn't a follow up scheduled after it. We have appointments Monday and we'll have to hit the ground running with everything scheduled for the day. We'll keep everyone posted as we find things out.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Keeping you in our prayers.
Hugs!
Carolyn & Wayne in Alabama
Geaux Tiger Fans (and friends of Jay and Wayne)

Unknown said...

Ann,
Don't worry about your mom being reluctant to help. Let's just say that I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows another guy, that can be VERY persuasive and will be able to convince her to donate :) Of course, if anyone asks, I'll deny that I every said anything like that! Everything will work out, don't worry........

Cindy Nelson

Joe.Karen said...

what a crazy and emotional week it has been for you! we continue to be amazed by your strength. you two are just beautiful.

still praying for you!

love,
karen & joe.

Unknown said...

So... Chris, how do you like Vista? :) I'm still chicken.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann, you can soak your feet in warm water mix with epsom salt, vinegar, or regular salt for ingrown toenails.