Today we received word that Harolds approved Ann's transplant. Written confirmation is in the hands of MDA right now, and they have already begun the process of contacting the Umbilical Cord Banks to get those two precious cyrogenically frozen life lines that Ann's existence hangs by.
So many people have helped us get to this point, I'm not sure I know how to say Thank You to such a large group of people but I will try. Without your caring, dedication and perseverance we would still be struggling. The fact that we have had your support has sustained us.
Tina: You are a true friend like no other I have have ever met.
Paige: You are an amazing person, and it says alot about you that you would reach out to two strangers.
The Facebook Group: You guys rock!
Ann: You didn't have to do what you did, and we are grateful.
Matt: We owe you a big bottle of the "green" stuff.
Van: You are going to be an amazing attorney, you're already an amazing person.
Georg and Leal: We really don't know what to say, you both made alot of this possible and we really look forward to thanking you in person.
Nancy: Without your experiences to draw on and relentlessly positive attitude we would have been lost.
Susann: Your tenacity helped get us through. Fred is really blessed to have you.
Mabyn: Everyone needs a friend like you. Your sense of humor really helped on the bad days.
Dr. Wanda: Thank you for taking this on in addition to everything else you have to do.
Rebbecca: You are a dedicated, persistent and compassionate person like no other. We can't say thank you enough for looking into our case.
Rhonda: There should be more people serving the public like you. You help make the world a better place.
Jamie: You're a ball of fire and we wouldn't have you any other way. Thank you for everything.
To everyone who has donated to Ann's medical fund: Thank you. The money will go toward the portion of the transplant that the insurance is not going to cover. Your generosity has given Ann a chance at a cure.
To anyone we may have forgotten: Forgive us. We give you the right to call us and harangue us mercilessly.
Harolds: Thank you for doing the right thing.
Ann and I couldn't have done it with out any you.




27 comments:
Yippeeeeeeeeeee!
WE LOVE YOU ANN!!
This is amazing. It really shows what can happen when people come together to fight for a common cause.
I still don't know if I will shop Harold's just because they made you wait so long.
I'm glad they did the right thing in the end.
YES!!!!!! That is fabulous news! It's a shame it had to take this long for Harold's to agree to it.
Praise God.
YAY!! Congrats Ann and Chris!!
OHMYGOD! This is the GREATEST news! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Continue to keep us posted! Sending lots of love your way...
:-) I am so happy for you for this Ann & Chris!!!!!! WOW!!! What WONDERFUL news! I've kept up with this blog daily since we learned about what you were going through. I'm teary eyed with emotions as I think about this latest news. It's easy to say this is the BEST thing I have read all day. ((((HUGS))))
~Jeannette
PS-your knitting is great Ann!!! Love your work! That yarn is super cool!
Ann congrats to you and Chris. I have been reading your blog everyday. You are in my prayers everyday. God bless you on your road to recovery.
Kim Dupuy
Northshore c/o 1992
YAY!
WHEW!!! Man, I've been sitting on that information all night! It was driving me CRAZY!!!
I'm still so excited... And I can't wait to meet you guys! YAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
- Paige
CONGRATULATIONS ANN!!! That's so exciting. I'm so happy that your transplant has been approved :).
This is fantastic news! I don't know you guys, but I feel like I do from the blog and our Facebook group. I'm so happy for you both and hopefully this is the first step toward your new life! *Jumping for joy* :)
I heard your story through Facebook, donated what I could, and have been keeping up with your blogs ever since. I'm incredibly happy to hear that your transplant has been approved. I have so much to say, but most of it has already been shared by other concerned strangers/ friends. I will continue to check up on you. You and Chris both have a great sense of humor and are very strong individuals. Thanks for keeping us updated with your blogs =)
kt
yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!! we are both SO thrilled for you and glad that this has been resolved. yesterday i was especially struck by your situation, and prayed so very hard. today i'm overjoyed with this new bit of news. i'm so grateful that you have such amazing people rallying around you. YAY!!!!!!
and, yay for knitting too. i have developed quite a bit of the knitting & crocheting bug recently myself. your scarf is fabulous!
love,
karen & joe
I heard about you through the Facebook group. I've checked your blog a few times a week over the past couple of weeks. I'm teary-eyed to hear the news as well! Congratulations! Good luck...there's still a long road ahead, and I'll be praying every step of the way!
- EG
YEA!!!!!I am so glad to hear this! I will keep ya'll in my prayers!
Kate
Hi Ann,
This is great news!! I was saddened to hear about your story today. Please know that you and Chris are in my prayers. Stay strong and remember that you are in the hand of God.
Adele & Colleen Eisenbraun (o:
Dear Ann, Thunderstruck again, this time in the positive! Relieved to hear of your excellent news. Wishing you and Chris strength and love. Brandy J London
Ann I am so happy for you. I read your blog every single day. When I read that they approved your transplant it brought tears to my eyes. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Brandi Howell (Steiner)
Northshore Class of '92
What wonderful news! I am thrilled for you both. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Dawn
Just made it back to work today, 04/16. When I pulled up the blog, I was overcome with emotions. I am so happy for the both of you. Even though I don't personally know the two of you, I feel that ya'll are incredible. The prayers hard work and determination has paid off. My family and I will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God is great!
I'm so excited that I forgot to sign my name to my post.
Rhonda King
This is GREAT news!! I've been keeping up with your blog through The Advocate's link and have been spreading the word ever since, but there have been many, many others out there doing the same thing. The construction management dept. @ LSU even circulated a notice throughout my company (Shaw Group) about Ann!
SOOOOO glad to hear Harold's made the right decision. Praise God! You two deserve the best. Good luck!
Kelly Lawson
Ohh ANN!!!! I am almost a a loss for words! SOOO very excited. I knew GOD would answe our prayers and give you a chance and a hope at a new life! I don't know you guys personally but you have touched me in a way you will never know! You are beautiful people. I am still praying strong for you guys! Chris, you are amazing!
I am so happy!!! :)
Love Ash
.........................................................................................................Still Smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Ann that's amazing news! I know that there were a lot of us praying that this would happen - I even saw a flyer with pictures of you all over it in Glamour Cuts on Drusilla the other day.
It's about time Harolds decided to do the right thing.
I can't wait to see you in person - It's been tooo long!
Post a Comment