Day 99
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I will never be able to say it enough. It's humbling and amazing to know that so many people would take time out of their day to do something so wonderful. I especially want to thank all of the students and faculty who came out to donate blood and platelets and register their bone marrow. There are so many people in need and you've all done something so selfless. Somewhere out there, someone is getting a second chance because of what you've done.

Huge thank you to: Dixie, Susann, Paige, Jimmy, Ronald, Mary Le Seur, Clark Barton, and Christopher Tarver, the blood tech team, and all of the volunteers who gave of themselves to make this possible. I honestly don't believe that I would have made it this far without so many wonderful people willing to give of themselves.

I am absolutely humbled by the sheer number of people that turned out today. I don't want to forget the Construction Management Department, CSA, the College of Engineering, the Business School. I hope that I haven't forgotten anyone and if I have, I am so very sorry. I am just overwhelmed with gratitude.

Chris and I have started a countdown to Tuesday. We have an appointment with my transplant doctor in the morning. We should find out what our time frame for transplant will be. Unfortunately, we also have an appointment with my leukemia doctor right after. I love Dr. Thomas, but I'm worried about what she's going to tell me.
I have three courses of chemotherapy treatments left on my Hyper-CVAD protocol. The treatments are spaced out a maximum of twenty-one days. I usually go in a little early because I've been able to tolerate everything so well. I saw Dr. Thomas on Thursday and she wants me back on Tuesday to assess how I'm doing. If my infection is under control, she wants me to go into the hospital for round six. This may or may not happen depending on what my transplant doctor says.
If I have to go into the hospital for round six, I will have to wait a minimum of twenty-one days before I can start conditioning for my transplant. This will set me back considerably, and Chris and I are anxious about it. We both want to move forward and get it all done. I know all of my doctors just want what's best for me, but I want to go home.
If we hear anything this weekend, we'll post ASAP. I doubt that we'll know anything until Tuesday, though. Keep your fingers crossed.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
If I have to go into the hospital for round six, I will have to wait a minimum of twenty-one days before I can start conditioning for my transplant. This will set me back considerably, and Chris and I are anxious about it. We both want to move forward and get it all done. I know all of my doctors just want what's best for me, but I want to go home.
If we hear anything this weekend, we'll post ASAP. I doubt that we'll know anything until Tuesday, though. Keep your fingers crossed.
1 comment:
I had a friend donating blood and he said each time he went down, the wait was over an hour! You are so loved.
Post a Comment