Day 94
I'll be staying in the hospital one more day. My blood cultures remained uncultured after 72 hours, so definitely no infection there. The culprit was revealed this morning and I have to admit that I was surprised. I'm sure my reaction is the reason for the stunned looks on the doctors' faces. I had a urinary tract infection. No symptoms what so ever. The doctors kept asking me if I had noticed anything and I honestly had to say no. I have been held hostage for five days because of a crazy bacteria colony that I wasn't even aware of. I am thankful that I presented a fever, otherwise, Chris and I wouldn't have known.
Now that the doctors know what to treat, they've discontinued some of the antibiotics and started me on others. I shouldn't complain, because the nurses and the staff are wonderful and they make sure that I'm constantly checked on.
Chris is at the apartment cleaning out all of the ruined food and making sure that things are aired out. I honestly think that I'd be dead without him. He has taken charge of everything and I know that he won't give up no matter what. I know I'm lucky to have him and I thank God every morning.
Dixie's been holding down the fort in Baton Rouge. She's our lifeline and we wouldn't be able to do what we're doing here without her. She's sold our house for us and we're just waiting on the contract. I do have to mention one funny thing about the house being shown. Everytime that we got an offer the buyer would specify that they wanted our pot rack to remain. Seriously. I couldn't even tell you what the pot rack looks like right now. I know Chris got it at Bed Bath and Beyond and I came home from work one day to find him screwing it to the wall. It's a pot rack, people. I think it's still in production. I started cracking up the second time we got an offer that included it. Now we have to find a company to pack up our house and a storage facility to store it all at. I'm just grateful to have family and friends that care. All of the rest of it is just static.
6 comments:
Ann,
I'm delighted to hear that your infection was not serious. Frankly, I expect there is nothing so wonderful as a "boring" condition at this point. Still praying, still hopping, still working for ya!
Wiley+
I usually get UTI from too much beer or too many margaritas.
I am just saying.
anyone else noticing a peepee theme lately?
by starting you on other antibiotics, do you mean a big IV bag filled with cranberry juice? that's what i picture.
I was in Ft. Worth over the weekend. Walked into a Harolds over there. UGLY clothes. I mean really bad. Perhaps they send the rejects there. YUK. Ya'll always had cute ones when you were there. Perhaps it was who ordered them at your store? I don't know. But MAN, the clothes there are "run out of the store" bad. lol
hi ann! i found your blog through nancy's (no, she doesn't know us either!)...and also had a conversation about you with cammy lee (she knows us!). you have been in our prayers ever since. you are amazingly strong and beautiful, and from what i've read so far, it sounds like you have an amazing husband too.
my husband will be 100 days out from a PBSC transplant this thursday. so far, so good.
praying that things start looking up for you. don't lose hope!
love,
karen & joe
p.s. i will never forget your name, because i bought my wedding gown from a shop called "Anne Gregory."
Hi,
My name is Amanda Turner I am a graduate student at LSU. We have never met. I in know way can understated what it is like to go throught what you are going through, but I have spent a lot of time in the hospital I know how discouraging that can be ( I was born with cerebral Palsy). I know it is frustrating with the insurance fight. I just want to to you and your family hang in there. I'm praying for you all.
Amanda
Post a Comment