Day 105
It was a dark and stormy night...the air hung over the concrete like a cat on a hot tin roof...
Ok, here's my favorite mixed metaphor/cliche: The dominoes are falling like a house of cards, checkmate. Thank you Zapp Branigan. Period Dot Bingo!
Enough of the silliness. Chris and I spent the entire day at the hospital running in and out of appointments. I saw Dr. Thomas and we talked about the distended stomach a bit more. She said that it would be a few days before things started to look normal again. I really can't wait. I've gained ten pounds since Tuesday, which is disturbing, because it puts me at 69 kilograms. When I joked with Dr. Thomas that I was really retaining fluid, she said it was a little of that and a bit of being full of pooh. I laughed for five minutes until I started crying. She thought it was pretty funny too. The good news is that Chris refilled the prescription on the laxative. Hurray.
Well, I got admitted for round six. I had the choice of going in today or tomorrow. So, we picked today. It took forever for my hospital admissions papers to come in, so we went to get my CVC dressing changed. With admission papers in hand, we waited to have my dressing changed when a very funny thing happened. I got a phone call from my transplant doctor. He asked me to hold off on going to the admissions desk while he called to talk to my leukemia doctor. Strange. Even stranger still is that I'm not in the hospital doing round six right now. Dr. Alousi got the formal approval for my CBT including reasonable prescriptions and the business office gave the go ahead. So, Dr. Alousi talked to Dr. Thomas and talked her out of my doing more chemo. Yippee!
I start testing next week for the CBT and we take it from there. They've started scheduling me for various appointments, so next week will be tremendously busy. Chris is so relieved he doesn't know what to do with himself. I can't believe that it's actually happening. I'm hoping if all goes well, that we should move to transplant in three weeks. I can't wait. I know it sounds a little crazy, but it's a bit like the best Christmas ever. I don't care if I get another thing in my life, I just want a chance to do good and help other people who might be going through this very same thing.
So, here we are. Nothing on the agenda tomorrow, but we'll blog if anything happens.
It was a dark and stormy night...the air hung over the concrete like a cat on a hot tin roof...Ok, here's my favorite mixed metaphor/cliche: The dominoes are falling like a house of cards, checkmate. Thank you Zapp Branigan. Period Dot Bingo!
Enough of the silliness. Chris and I spent the entire day at the hospital running in and out of appointments. I saw Dr. Thomas and we talked about the distended stomach a bit more. She said that it would be a few days before things started to look normal again. I really can't wait. I've gained ten pounds since Tuesday, which is disturbing, because it puts me at 69 kilograms. When I joked with Dr. Thomas that I was really retaining fluid, she said it was a little of that and a bit of being full of pooh. I laughed for five minutes until I started crying. She thought it was pretty funny too. The good news is that Chris refilled the prescription on the laxative. Hurray.
Well, I got admitted for round six. I had the choice of going in today or tomorrow. So, we picked today. It took forever for my hospital admissions papers to come in, so we went to get my CVC dressing changed. With admission papers in hand, we waited to have my dressing changed when a very funny thing happened. I got a phone call from my transplant doctor. He asked me to hold off on going to the admissions desk while he called to talk to my leukemia doctor. Strange. Even stranger still is that I'm not in the hospital doing round six right now. Dr. Alousi got the formal approval for my CBT including reasonable prescriptions and the business office gave the go ahead. So, Dr. Alousi talked to Dr. Thomas and talked her out of my doing more chemo. Yippee!
I start testing next week for the CBT and we take it from there. They've started scheduling me for various appointments, so next week will be tremendously busy. Chris is so relieved he doesn't know what to do with himself. I can't believe that it's actually happening. I'm hoping if all goes well, that we should move to transplant in three weeks. I can't wait. I know it sounds a little crazy, but it's a bit like the best Christmas ever. I don't care if I get another thing in my life, I just want a chance to do good and help other people who might be going through this very same thing.
So, here we are. Nothing on the agenda tomorrow, but we'll blog if anything happens.
5 comments:
That's so exciting! I can't believe it's happening so fast! I hope it all goes well, Ann!
- Paige
So excited for you! I'm watching things develop every day and sending lots of good prayers your way. Here's to the best!
--Kortni in Louisiana
Glad to hear you don't have to go through that nasty chemo again, this is the real deal now! I know you will be a new woman and a gift to everyone you encounter. Much love to you both!
Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashley :)
I guess the line "Oh Poo" will never have quite the same meaning for me. And, nowadays I'm saying a separate prayer for you daily all in preparation for the transplant. I figure we need to start building our bank of those now. :)
HOORAY!!!!
Post a Comment