Day 100
One hundred days have passed since we left out home in a panic, terrified of what the future would hold. I know that the number 100 hundred is a meaningless measure of time that is only imparted with significance by humans attempting to give tangible measure to an abstract mental concept. Can you imagine what a hundred of anything looks like? No. Two, Four, a Dozen maybe two, but after you get above that we begin to loose the ability to imagine them concretely and they begin to run together. That's what this journey is like.
I'm hoping that with the recent approval of the transplant we will begin to change that Tuesday. Once we have the a firm date for the transplant that will mark the half-way point of Ann's fight to live. The point at which we move from treatment that will just manage her disease temporarily, to one that can really cure her and let her recover her life. As you can expect we are looking forward to Tuesday and this second phase of our time here in Houston and MDA with great anticipation.
I would like to take a moment to say thank you to Ronald Adams of Ronald Adams Construction. Your gift to Ann's medical fund was an extremely generous gesture and I am deeply honored that you would take the time to help us. It has been my distinct pleasure over the past several years to have the opportunity to work with you and hope I can repay your kindness one day. Thank you for helping me save my Wife's life.
Thats all for tonight.
2 comments:
Good morning. Stay strong. :)
Praying for you both... (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment