Day 83
The patient in the room next to Ann passed away today.
It's easy to forget when you walk through MD Anderson that this happens. The smooth glossy surface of the hospital is a veneer that masks and subdues more basic human fears. They are still there lurking beneath the surface of perception. Invisible until confronted.
He had ALL just like Ann and although I don't know who he was, his passing leaves me evermore fearful for Ann's morality.
I hope he didn't suffer.
4 comments:
Ann,
We do not know eachother- however, I felt compelled to comment on your situation. My name is Jessica and I am from Baton Rouge. My dad has congestive heart failure. He received stem cell treatment a little over a year ago. Bottom line- It saved his life. Unfortunately, he had to fly to Thailand to receive these stem cells as stem cell therapy in the United States is "experimental." However, I do understand the burden of having to pay "out of pocket" for this type of health care. I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and your family. I know that God will take care of you.
Ann and Chris,
I don't know you guys personally, but I have been keeping up with your blog. Unfortunately I'm not Asian/Caucasion, but a few of my friends and colleagues are. Your struggle has touched me so much that I've put the word out there to many of my friends and asked them to do the same. Since I can't donate bone marrow, I've donated what I can to your fund. I just wish there was more I could do. I've even bought brownies at New York Bagel (on Jefferson Hwy.) to support you guys! (Which I thought was a GREAT idea!)
You are both in my prayers. Chris, I loved the charts - I am a ME too - and I know what you mean when you say you won't lose Ann. I lost my fiance and I would have done *anything* to keep him here. Ann, you are so lucky to have Chris. We need more couples like you in this world.
God Bless you both and I will keep spreading the word. It's the least I can do.
Kelly Lawson
Baton Rouge, LA
What's going on at New York Bagel?
What's going on at New York Bagel?
Post a Comment