Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Electrical blackhole

Day +111


Chris' Birthday Card....love that little cat!

I've been trying to post for the past 3 days to no avail because of the hideous internet connection. We spent the last year tied to a computer for everything that we needed and to suddenly find myself without access is a little strange. I'll persevere, or I'll have DSL installed.

I've had a sore throat for the last three days and it is completely my fault. For some reason I thought that I could just jump in and resume parts of my life. I spent two days outside with Chris looking for houses. Everyone kept asking me if I was okay and I thought I was. I woke up the next day with a scratchy throat which got better as the day progressed. Now it is static and I'm mad at myself for being so careless. I wore a mask and didn't touch anything, but I pushed past limits that I've been warned about.

I'm taking it a bit slower and listening to all of the advice. My cymbalta is being tapered off. So far so good. My neuropathy has disappeared. I've been warned that it could return after the cymbalta leaves my system. I'm just happy not to have to take another pill.

I'm still not sleeping and this is starting to bother me. I average about 5 hours a night and after a solid week I'm super cranky. I avoid naps during the day just in case and no caffeine after 3. I keep thinking that I'll just fall asleep after a long day.

I got to celebrate an important milestone yesterday. It was Chris' birthday and I baked him a cake. After my diagnosis, I thought I'd be lucky to spend one more year with him. I plan on taking full advantage of this second chance and staying around to harangue him for the next 50 years. We had a quiet family dinner and he got to enjoy being home.


Chris' Birthday Cake

Chris' Mom Dixie

"I made it all by myself!"

Happy Birthday


The cats are finally settling down after our reintroduction. My black and white cat has adopted Dixie and hisses at me everytime we run into each other. He used to follow me everywhere and demand to be in my lap whenever I was sitting. Funny how things change. Chris's cat has adopted me--I think it's because I know where the food is. Our cat Squeeze is recovering from a viral infection. I was worried that we'd loose her. She's slowly putting weight back on. Then there's Pez. This is Dixie's cat and she is one of the most interesting cats I've ever met. We call her the crazy muppet.


Pez the Cat aka "Crazy Killer Muppet"

Squeeze the Cat

Jay the Cat aka "Bunny Cat"

We have another appointment with Dr. Bienvenu on Thursday. Blood counts and maybe an explanation for the sore throat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I checked up on you two. Cyndi and I just want to say Hi.....Toi Nguyen

pj said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Ann, I'll probably be like you and do too much too soon. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, chris!
- paige

Tina said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!