Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day +120

I had my weekly checkup today and all is well. Dr. Bienvenu is on vacation, so I saw his nurse, who immediately puts me at ease. Today, she walked in and announced, "Your white cells are at 78,000." She was smiling when she said it, so it took a minute for my brain and my mouth to connect. 12,ooo is the high end of normal. 78,000 is cancer. I think Chris' exclamation of "What!" made her realize what she'd said. My WBC was 7.8. She just misspoke and we all had a laugh about it. My RBC and hemoglobin are down from last week. I'm just shy of normal. My liver enzymes are way up, but the team thinks it has to do with the antibiotics that I've been on. I seem to recall it happening before for the same reason, so I'm not worried. I have another visit scheduled next week and then the week after, I'm at MDA. Hello chemo! Worst diet aid ever. On the positive side, my skinny jeans fit. :)

Now I have a favor to ask. Almost a year ago, I began corresponding with a local woman who had undergone a BMT. I was really looking forward to meeting her when we moved back and became a little worried when I hadn't heard from her in some time. Her husband recently got in touch with me to let me know that she had pneumonia and that one of her lungs has a hole in it and had recently collapsed. She's in the hospital now and her lung collapsed again over the weekend. The doctors can't go forward with her treatment until the hole in her lung is healed. Please pray for her. It brought me a miracle and I'm praying for one for her too.

Chris is off at an interview and Dixie's at work. The cats don't qualify as chaperones, so I'm stuck in the house. I'd probably go out and buy copious amounts of candy that I wouldn't eat. Maybe some ice-cream. My dentists would have their work cut out for them if the baby stem cells got everything they wanted. That's all I have to say, and quite frankly, I'm glad. No bad news and boring makes for quite a happy lifestyle.

No comments: