Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day +116

Woo hoo, posts 4 days in a row.

My fever has stayed between 99.1 and 99.5 all day. When I first woke up, it was 98.7. Maybe tomorrow it'll cooperate and stay closer to normal all day. My throat continues to bother me. It has become that continuous sore feeling that signals that you're close to the end. The node continues to shrink, but remains tender. Thankfully, those are the only complaints that I have.

There is very little to report for the day. I didn't fold the enormous pile of laundry on the bed and the cats avoided me for most of the day. There is a me sized divot on the couch from lounging all day. I got to eat dinner in my pajamas once again and seriously considered taking a few naps.

I did manage to eat a full dinner and that's good news. Dixie taught Chris how to make tarragon chicken and it turned out really well. Dixie even managed to convince Chris to let me have beets. They were from a can, but she made a vinaigrette that helped disguise that fact. Chris still has an aversion to feeding me root vegetables. He's worried that they may retain something that could harm me even after washing. He quoted some statistic about some fungus being able to survive extreme heat. I suggested that he use a creme brulee torch to singe the outside of the vegetable before washing it. I don't think he was amused. I'd sell blood for a fresh yam. Not that you'd want it.

That's about all that I have to write about. Chris wanted to post the tarragon chicken just in case anyone wants to try it.

4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
kosher salt to taste
pepper to taste
tarragon
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of water
juice of 1/2 lemon
Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and tarragon. Saute the chicken breasts in olive oil until cooked through. Remove to plate. Add shallots and garlic to the pan. Saute until the garlic is light golden brown. Add the butter, water, and cream. Stir until heated through and blended. Season the sauce to taste with salt, pepper. Add lemon juice and stir in. Place chicken back into the pan, being sure to coat both sides with the sauce.

There you have it.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah!!! Just stay on that couch! Continue to get better and I'll be waiting to hear that the fever is GONE. I know you blogged that I said to "take it easy," and I'll stand by it for several more months! It's not worth pushing yourself. Chris can fold the laundry (sorry, Chris :-) ). It is funny that when you do accomplish a seemingly mundane task, like folding laundry, it feels like a big accomplishment. It was nearly a joy for me to be folding laundry again... gag me! Well, considering where we've been, folding laundry is a good thing. Okay, I'll stop rambling. GO SLOW GIRL! Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna try it this week! love ya, nancy

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I made chicken once. It was rubbery... :(

- Paige

Anonymous said...

Beet Root Juice from Whole Foods. It taste nice and contains no traces of dirt.