Saturday, September 22, 2007

And it goes on

Day +115

As you all know, I've been under the weather for the last week. I'm sure this is going to affect this post. I may ramble, or keep it short and sweet. I haven't decided yet.

My temperature has hovered around 100.3 all day and I'm starting to feel a little congested in my sinuses. The antibiotics that I'm taking make me feel worse and spend most of the day feeling nauseated. Luckily, I still have my anti-emetic medication left over from chemo. I thought those days were over. My throat still bothers me when I swallow and last night I found a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck. This scared Chris to no end.

The first "obvious" symptom of my leukemia was a single swollen lymph node on the back of my neck. I've reassured Chris that this doesn't feel the same. Sometimes lymph nodes swell when you have a sore throat. I'll admit that I did a thorough check of all of my other nodes just to be sure. The swelling has gone down significantly, so I'm trying to keep it all together.

Because I'm not feeling so hot, I've lost my appetite; or rather, I lose it after I start eating. Dixie calculated that I'd taken in around 1000 calories today. I think it was a little more. The nausea doesn't help. Combine that with the Biaxin and there's no chance.

So, I've decided that I was asking for this virus. After getting released from 100 days of solitary, so to speak, I went a little crazy. We went house hunting several days in a row and for those of you that have done it, you know how exhausting it can be when you're feeling well. I wore my mask and didn't touch anything, but that's no guarantee. I can't remember how many houses we went into, but I do remember the one that smelled like stale mothballs and dog urine. Winner. Don't quote me, but I think someone died in there. Creepy. We kept waiting for the Scooby gang to come falling out of the ceiling.

I've decided to restrict myself, like I should have done from the beginning. Our friend Nancy advised me to take it easy. She should know, since she's 460+ days out from a transplant. I'm stubborn. I've heard it all my life and I still haven't learned. Next time, I'll listen.

Tomorrow will be a full day of temperature taking and food grazing. Maybe I'll fold some laundry. Don't get too excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just take it easy, Ann. You'll be back on your feet in no time.
- Paige