Sunday, September 2, 2007

DAY +94 (D 234)

I was so freaked out Friday, I realized there were several things that I forgot to mention. I know I've been going on about being ready to get out of here, but the reality of a gaggle of nurses singing "Hit the Road Jack" just didn't mesh up with the fantasy. (I have a lot of time on my hands.) I was also feeling high from the pain meds I took to deal with the ouchie from my bone marrow biopsy/aspiration. Funny how the little pink pills didn't zone me out during chemo, and yet now I feel like a zombie. I suppose it's six of one and half-a-dozen of the other.

I got the raw food thing backward. I can eat raw fruits and vegetables. I just have to incorporate them in over an interval of one month. The bit about raw foods applied to sushi and carpacio. Meats have to be cooked. I will miss sushi. California and crunchy rolls aren't the same. If Chris has his way, it's going to be a while. He did surprise me with a bag full of oranges the other day. They will be sorely missed. Melons are next on the hit list--baby carrots, too.

My magnesium dose has been scaled back by one pill. So, I'm just taking 4000mg a day. The average person only needs 400mg a day. 4500 mg were sending me over the edge. I had to plan my days around my proximity to a bathroom. Enough said. I suspect my doctor is still worried about GVHD. She wanted me to report the number of times the magnesium affected me a day. Good times. I can stop taking my Lyrica next week. We're going to check on the Cymbalta. So far, the numbness has disappeared. Now, the cymbalta is what completely eliminated the numbness to begin with.

For the last three months, I've started to suspect that I'm losing my mind. I've been having crazy problems with my sinuses and allergies. We've all suffered with them to some degree, but lately, I've felt awful. Friday, I got a sinus headache that was so horrific, I threw up. I felt better immediately, but none the less. My doctor asked me if I thought my allergies were worse now than before the transplant. When I told her that they were, she said that the immuno-suppressive drug that I was on was the cause. It appears that post transplant patients have severe allergies. Whoopee! Thank you flonase.

We got the preliminary results of my bone marrow aspiration Friday afternoon. I'm showing 2% blasts, which is in the normal range. We should know about the biopsy results on Wednesday. I have a blood draw Monday morning, to check on my magnesium levels. Then there's nothing on the schedule for Tuesday, which is a little worrisome. We still have to have CT and pet scans before I can be officially discharged.

We'll keep you all posted.

5 comments:

contessa said...

Hey Ann and Chris,
It really sucks about the allergies, i can relate to that, i have so many that i carry beynadryl in my purse. I hope you feel better soon. I still have not gotten your e-mail from Cindy( I should probably remind her) but as soon as I get it I will send you some funny stuff to make you smile! You two are so amazing, I hope that one day my husband and I can be as close as the two of you are, your love for one another helped get you both through this and your love will continue to stay strong and I just think that you are awsome, you are lucky to have each other. Feel better soon, I hope all is well and everybody is doing good! Keep fighting!

contessa said...

"FIGHT"

Your Strength
Your Courage
Your Love combined
Stay Strong and Fight
In this world the smallest things are taken for granted
The green grass growing in the yard
The sun shining down upon our skin
The rivers running wild
The ocean waves crashing upon the shore
The eagle soaring in a clear blue sky
Stay Strong and Fight
We take for granted those around us, both young and old
We never stop to listen to the stories being told
One's of sorrow, one's of pain
One's of joy and happiness
The loved ones standing next to us, and those so far away
Thosewho place all trust in us, and those who will betray
Stay Strong and Fight
We take for granted the little things, like brushing our hair
Stay Strong and Fight
We mostly take for granted the most important of them all
Being able to take a breath and have your love one standing there
He will always stand beside you
Be there to hold your hand
Stay Strong and Fight
Through your strength
Through your courage
Through your love combined
You've taught the world that life is sometimes rough
You've taught the world to never take the little things for granted
Through your strength
Through your courage
Through your love combined
Ann and Chris have taught the world that you must
STAND UP
STAY STRONG
AND FIGHT

Copywritten 9/3/07
Written By: Contessa Donovan

Nancy said...

Woo Hoo! How exciting for you. I bet you can't wait to get the heck outta there! About the headaches... yes, my migraines are so bad that it causes nausea for 1/2 to an entire day. The trick for me is taking Imitrex or Relpax at the first sign of the headache. Ask your doctor... And yes, I know about the side effects of the magnesium... But, you need it so the low mag doesn't cause organ damage or cramps (leg and foot cramps for me when my mag is low.) Continue to exercise caution and stay well. Have a great trip home. love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ann and Chris, this is GREAT news! I know you guys can't wait to get home, and I'm really looking forward to meeting you!

-Paige

Carilou said...

You can still have eel rolls. They're cooked and very delicious.