Monday, December 15, 2008

Success

I am currently free of my CVC. Yippee!!! No more wiggly little bit of plastic tubing dangling in my heart. No more lumens. No more clamps to dig into my chest. Best of all, tomorrow I'll finally be able to wash that patch of skin. You have no idea how excited I am about that. Please bear in mind I was the child that had to be bathed three or four times a day because I couldn't stand to be dirty.

I'm back on oral anti-fungals today, so my fingers are crossed that my liver enzymes remain stable. I'd hate to be celebrating today only to have to have another catheter put in later this week.

I'm going to lay low for the next two days in anticipation of finally, officially being released to leave Houston Wednesday. Chris and I have started packing and are just waiting for Dr. Kebriaei to sign off on the entire affair.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow having my line yanked made me feel like I was "healthy" again and a little less like a patient and a step towards survivorship. I know you have a long road ahead of you but that is GREAT news you are getting that bad boy out!

Good luck with the anti-fungals! Are you on VFEND?
xo-Lea

Kim said...

Congratulations! You dont know me, but I been following your blog for awhile, I battled this year with AML and I ahve to say the ports were the worst thing, I had two ports and 4 PICC lines in 5 months, my body rejected them, but when I was finally done and free of all, it was an awesome feeling, I know waht you mean about the shower, I dont think anything felt so good.

Congratulations on your transplant success - you are an inspiration! I cant think of a better holiday gift for you than to be healthy and enjoy the time with your husband.

Glenn Gleason said...

congratulations. I am a 19 month AML Surivor and it was the best feeling in the world to get my line pulled. I think I must spend at least an extra 5 minutes in the shower now just for the luxury of it. I am so excited for you

Susan C said...

Here's to going wireless, Ann. I hope you had a nice, long, hot shower and scrubbed off that dead skin.

One Mother with Cancer said...

That is such great news. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Samantha MacRae said...

Wonderful news Ann! We are very excited for you.

Sam, Graham, Jack & Poppy xx

Ronni Gordon said...

Great news! Getting the tubing out is definitely one more step towards normalcy. I felt so free after I got mine out. Keep up the good work!