Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not So Fast

Here we are at Day +103, and after getting Ann's CVC pulled yesterday we were ready to get our last appointment with our transplant doc out of the way and then hit the road for home. Things don't look like they are going to be that simple his time around. After getting her blood tested this morning the results were definitely not what we were hoping for. Her white count is up to 16.5 K/uL (up from 10.5 a couple of days ago), and there are 2% metamyleocytes and 1% blasts showing.

Anytime the "b" word gets used it's gravely concerning. No less so today.

Dr. Kebriaei asked us to come in Friday and Monday to check Ann's blood. The hope is that this is some sort of reaction. Just to be on the safe side I called the people we rent our apartment from and let them know we would be staying longer. Thankfully they agreed.

I hope we don't have to spend the holidays in Houston. I'm really tried of this place and Ann is getting frustrated. We both just want a normal life again.

13 comments:

LacubriousOne said...

Ann, I hope things turn out well on your next tests you deserve to be home for Xmas.

Chris, I hope you are coping. You haven't written anymore since September about your stress and depression. Are the meds still helping? Are you also doing therapy? Just wondering about your well being too!

Kara said...

Ann, I am praying for you. I hope its just some sort of reaction.

Kara said...

Ann, I am praying for you. I hope its just some sort of reaction.

Ronni Gordon said...

How frustrating! I guess we're in a similar place in terms of waiting for clarification on counts (your high ones and my low ones). Thinking of you and hoping you get good news and that it's some kind of fluke reaction and you can get out of there soon.

Anonymous said...

Arg how frustrating. I hope friday's draw goes well. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Love,
Michelle

PJ said...

Thinking of you, Anne & Chris. I hope you get some answers today.Let us know. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Sending some positive thoughts your way! No more blasts.

Please keep us in the loop- I will think of you BOTH all day long! Hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow and get home for the holidays.
xo-Lea

Anonymous said...

Sending some positive thoughts your way! No more blasts.

Please keep us in the loop- I will think of you BOTH all day long! Hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow and get home for the holidays.
xo-Lea

Jim said...

Ann and Chris,

Dori and I are doubling up the prayers and strong thoughts. Please keep everyone posted. We are looking forward to the days ahead where you will have clarity and peace.

Ami said...

I really hope and pray you guys get to go home for Xmas.

Nancy said...

Ann, I'm sorry. Hopefully, it's just a little bump in the road. I hope it will resolve itself and you'll make it home for Christmas. Hang in there and stay positive! love, n

Susan C said...

You're inching closer and closer to "normal." Pulling for you to be home for Christmas.

One Mother with Cancer said...

I will continue to pray for you... Hang in there.