Friday, December 19, 2008

NO BLASTS TODAY!

Dr. Kebriaei's nurse, Cathy, is an absolute gem and got us a copy of my labs early so we didn't have to wait in agonizing suspense. I must have scanned the pages a hundred times looking for the dreaded words "blasts present". Nothing. Thank you, God.

My WBC count and ANC is still high, but it's down from Wednesday. My lymphocytes have doubled from the last time, which is also a relief. The other counts are holding steady and my liver enzymes are mostly normal. As an added bonus, my magnesium is normal.

We don't have a definitive reason for Wednesday's numbers. Dr. Kebriaei is leaning toward the theory that it has something to do with the steroids that I'm on. She also looked back at my records and noted that my WBC count has been as high as 20 for no explicable reason. I'm just a freak of nature.

I've dodged the proverbial bullet today and can guarantee that I'll be walking around in a fog for the next month or so. I'm so relieved that I can't function which is bad news for me, since Dr. Kebriaei told us to leave Houston. She told us to get out of town and go home. This definitely caught us by surprise and since I was resigned to staying here through the new year, I made Chris go grocery shopping. There's enough food for the next two weeks. One day I'll learn the rhythm of this game and arrange my juju accordingly.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you God indeed. I've been praying this morning. So glad to hear this news for you. Have a wonderful drive home and a very Merry Christmas in the big BR. Enjoy your ride over the Mississippi.

a cajun girl in canada,

Anonymous said...

Thank God! That's the best news I have heard. Have a wonderful Christmas in LA. You are a gem Ann.

** SAVE MICHELLE ** said...

wahoooo!!!! That is so fantastic. I am relieved. Hooray for holidays in LA.

Kara said...

ALLRIGHT!!!!! THATS GREAT NEWS! Praise God! He must have heard our prayers! = )

Anonymous said...

:-D That is terrific news, Ann!!!! I feel so happy to have read that this afternoon! I have a big smile on my face. more ((HUGS))

Jeannette Hill

Mark said...

Hallelujah!!!

Anonymous said...

That is good news! Have a great Christmas!

heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thank God! You just received the best Christmas Gift ever! Have a very Merry Christmas, relax, enjoy the holiday and take good care of yourself.

Love and Prayers from a little further North....

Y Bar Ranch said...

!Yay!

Susan C said...

Yes, this IS the best Christmas gift ever - for Ann and Chris and for the many who love you!

PJ said...

Ann,
"Mark" is my son's gmail, but it was me cheering. Talk to you soon. xo Patricia

Nancy said...

yay! yay! yay! Congrats Ann & Chris. Get outta dodge as fast as you can. Enjoy your holidays - big time!!!

love you both. nancy

susiegb said...

I'm so, so pleased for you and for Chris! I hope you have a truly happy Christmas holiday - you have a lot to celebrate ... :)

Ronni Gordon said...

Quadruple yay!
You must be soooooo relieved.
Glad to hear the great news.

Dori said...

Ann,
This is the best news. I'm delighted for you and Chris.
Dori

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!! I almost don't know what to say! I'm so happy and grateful for such great news for you both! I've actually been afraid to check your blog today. I'm like you, Ann. I'd rather "consider" the ugly and be completely honest with myself (to a certain degree) and be completely elated when it turns out to be wrong! Hooray for being wrong!

Someone said this was the greatest Christmas present for you guys! Like Susan said, it's the greatest present for so many of us that hope for nothing but the best for you and Chris! I'm so happy (for you) I don't know what to do with myself!

Thank you for sharing your honesty. Wow. I'm just so happy for you both! Enjoy the holidays wherever they find you. What do they say? The world is your oyster! (Even if you can't eat one and might not want one!)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

With the above said....

Be the grain of sand that irritates the oyster to create the pearl.

Jim said...

Freak of nature? Maybe. More like wonder of humanity. Congratulations!

LacubriousOne said...

Awesome news...have a great holiday away from the doctor's and with family...as it should be!