Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today was another hard day. I think it was mostly due to the fact that I only managed about 4 hours of sleep last night. It was my own fault, since I stayed up to watch some shows that Chris had downloaded. I'd intended to take a nap while at the ATC, but found that I couldn't sleep there, either. By the time we left at around 2:30, I was seriously failing. I had to have a break walking out to the car, which was very upsetting to Chris. He's afraid that I might be heading in the wrong direction. I started falling asleep in the car and by the time we got back to the apartment, I was too tired to pour myself a glass of water. Chris took care of me and tucked me in for a nap. I managed to sleep in one hour fits for a total of two hours.

I saw Dr. Kebriaei while in clinic today and there were no surprises. She's going to check on the whole cellcept thing and thinks that I might be able to stop at day +50. I can live with that. I started taking magnesium yesterday, but it didn't make a difference in my labs. It did cause diarrhea, though. Right now, it's just 500mg. It will steadily go up, eventually.

I'm exhausted, but I still have to take a few pills, so I'll sign off for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, well I am sorry you are feeling so much fatigue but be kind to yourself. You JUST got out of the hospital and there were times I needed to rest going a short distance- along with most transplant patients.

Also, are you taking magnesium PROTEIN as oppose to other magnesium products? That made a difference with my diarrhea issues. You need to take more of them (as they are about 133MG compared to the high MG of the other magnesium products) but worth swallowing more pills for GI relief.
You might already be on them.
Keep going-
Lea

Nancy said...

ooooh. I can't agree with Lea more!!! I also took 15 magnesium with protein tablets per day (133mg). It was so much easier on the GI!! Take it easy Ann. I remember how tired I got at times. It was unbearable and the fatigue onset was so sudden. It didn't matter what I was doing... I had to stop and sleep.

You'll feel better a little at a time. In the meantime, cut yourself some slack! And Chris, great job taking care of your sweetie pie. You are a gem, too!

love ya both, n

Jim said...

I remember so much STOP-START with Dori after she left the hospital. You will get to a new plateau in time, then another. With love to you and Chris, Jim