Thursday, October 9, 2008

I had my weekly doctor's visit today and was told that things were going well. Dr. Kebriaei is a little concerned about my constant nausea. She wants to keep an eye on it in case of GvHD of the upper GI. Wouldn't that be something?

I was also told that I could stop taking cellcept Saturday night. Woo-hoo! That would mean 12 fewer pills a day. Of course, I keep having to increase the number of magnesium pills that I take daily. Net-net, I still feel good about it.

The other news I received today was that I'll have the next three days off. That's right, three days out of the ATC. My appointments fall on three days a week, now. I'm really looking forward to getting some consistent rest. We're a little worried about my hemoglobin this weekend, since I'm still trending down. The only thing we can do is be alert and head into the EC if I start to have trouble breathing or heart palpitations. I'm sure if all goes well I'll be getting an infusion in clinic on Monday. Who knows? Maybe I'll start making red blood cells on my own this weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess u r on the right track ann.

keep up the good work and get some rest.

nora

PJ said...

Three days off! This is great news. Chris, can you make a graph that charts joy?

Anonymous said...

C'mon red blood cells! It seems you've turned the corner and are feeling better. I'm so glad.
-Carilou

Nancy said...

Congrats on having a few days off. Woo Hoo!!! Chris, I'm sorry you got sick (saw the twitter.) Glad you went to see a doctor to make sure you aren't contagious. Keep on keepin on...
love, n

Susan C said...

Enjoy your 3-day break. Hope you and Chris get some good R&R.

PJ: Charting joy - I like that.

Jim said...

I want to see that Joy Chart!

Anonymous said...

go cells go!!!!
Ann, you rock!
Lea