Sunday, October 12, 2008

So, all was going well until last night when I started developing a headache. It was joined by the slow onset of nausea which made me doubly miserable. After a few hours of debating whether or not I should just give in and let myself throw up, my body made the decision for me. As soon as I stood up, I vomited. Of course this made my stomach feel better, but worsened my headache.

I'm not sure how I should view this little incident since it's been a week and a day since I last vomited. Could it have been something I ate? Maybe. Unfortunately, even after giving in, I was still nauseated and every move I made was a threat to my equilibrium. Chris persuaded me to try an ABH to help the zofran do its job. I was worried that the introduction of a pill would start things up again. I managed to keep it down and an hour later was able to take the rest of my medication. The rest of the night was touch and go.

On the brighter side, yesterday was the last dose of cellcept for now. Bye-bye nasty horse pills. I will not miss them. Of course, they may be reintroduced one day, especially if I get GvHD badly enough. I'll worry about that some other time.

The chemical burn has begun to peel which makes me want to scratch my hide off. It's desperately uncomfortable when it starts to itch and its one perversion is that it itches most in public. It would look like visiting day at the zoo if I started to scratch it. Think the primate display.

I'm a bit tired after yesterday's shenanigans, so I may slip an extra nap in. My next clinic appointment is tomorrow, bright and early. We'll post as soon as we know anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the nausea wouldn't be so bad if there was a better reason for it. Like too many margaritas the night before or too many trips on the tilt-a-whirl.
That sounds pretty miserable.
-Carilou