Monday, August 6, 2007

Knitty pity

DAY 68 (DAY 208)

I'm slowly getting over my viral thing. I keep waking up with sinus headaches at odd times during the night. This is really worrying Chris. I keep taking my claritin and sudafed and this has helped. My transplant team wants to schedule a sinus CT scan to see what's going on. I think this will take place tomorrow. The team was going to give me the day off tomorrow, but the sinus thing reins it's ugly head again. Also, I'm losing my voice. It hasn't been a banner week.

I tried to fill the prescriptions written to me by Dr. Nick, but no one in their right mind will sell me booze. Go figure. My head would probably explode if I had a taste of liquor. It's been over eight months. I will admit that I can't wait until I can have a glass of Malbec.

Physical therapy resumed today and it wasn't pretty. The therapist reined back on some of the exercises because I haven't been there in over a week. I'll go again tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be a little better.

This last week has been a total wiener. Fatigue is something of a problem right now. It's been so long since I've had a problem with it, I feel that I've taken a step back. Chris is encouraging me to listen to my body and nap when I need to. Unfortunately, I always feel like I need a nap. I'm sure that once everything clears up, I'll be back to normal. A lot of our transplant friends have been keeping up with me, which is a bit of a nice surprise. We all have so much to worry about to begin with. It's nice to know that we're all tapped into each other. Maybe I'm just being silly because I don't exactly feel well.

Our friend Liz in BR just found out that she might have chronic GVHD. She's a year out from her transplant and she's been having a string of problems that have been causing her a lot of grief. Please say a prayer that she starts feeling better soon.

On to lighter things, I have four separate knitting projects going on right now. When I get bored with one, I just pick up another. This has just guaranteed that I can't remember where I left off. The latest project has been restarted over five times. This better be it. Otherwise, I'm going to set it on fire. Time will tell. :)

3 comments:

amy t. said...

FOUR projects! I have ONE and each time I pick it up I can't remember where I left off! Now that's a pity.

Nancy said...

You are all one up on me. I can't even knit. We didn't get the distinct pleasure of viewing more of your awesome blood counts! I know they are good so I won't worry. Keep up the good work Ann & Chris. Chris, you are right... she needs to rest if she feels tired. Listen to the body! love you both! Nancy

Wiley said...

Naps are good! I take them as often as I can and HIGHLY recommend them. Take plenty fo naps and get to feeling better! You're inour hearts and prayers.

Wiley