Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 82 (Day 222)

WBC: 7.1 K/uL
Platelets: 307 K/uL
RBC: 3.29 K/uL
Hemoglobin: 11.1 g/DL
ANC: 4.71 K/uL

As you all can see, my hemoglobin and red blood cells are coming up. This is the first time my hemoglobin has been over 11 g/DL since I've been diagnosed. Now, if my pattern holds true, something will cause my hemoglobin and red blood cells to fall. Maybe this is the week I break the pattern.

Chris is really starting to feel anxious about us leaving MDA. Tentatively, we'll be given the green light in 18 days. We talked to my APN today about what would happen afterwards. It seems that I'll have to have blood work every week and she suggested having it done in BR to save the weekly drive to Houston. Chris mentioned that we wouldn't mind the drive and she asked us to consider it. I would have to come into Houston at least once every three months to follow up with my transplant doctor. This is if my numbers continue to remain stable. There are so many contingencies.

The physical therapists are starting to really increase my workouts. Today was interesting in that they conceived of new exercises to torture my lower body since I've been blowing through workouts. I felt like my arms and legs were spaghetti afterwards. I actually started getting a charlie horse at the end of the workout. I can't wait to see what they have for me on Friday.

I find that the closer that I get to 100 days, the more anxious I am to leave. I spoke to another transplant patient today who was a few days behind me and she felt the same way. You start out thinking that the 100 days will never be up and then it falls upon you. I'm ready to pack boxes and load up the truck just so we can drive off from my last appointment. I know that's not very practical just now, but it's how I feel.

There are still so many things to consider. I've been looking at house plans and developments in BR and Denham Springs. In addition to that, Chris needs to find a job with benefits. So, in a shameless plug for my hubby, he's a fabulous mechanical engineer with experience in construction scheduling.

And with that, I can't think of anything else that happened today. No clinic visits tomorrow, but I'm sure that Chris will find something to write about. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann,
Chin up. There is plenty work around here right now for an ME. Don't worry.