On a more positive note, Chris and I went out exploring around our soon to be new neighborhood. We discovered a gelato shop not too far from the house which I think is going to be hell on my weight. We also noticed a sign heralding the forthcoming opening of a new branch of my favorite doughnut shop in the next shopping center over. If only Chris could convince the owner of Paradise Smoothie to open a bubble tea shop on our soon to be side of town, my favorite snack foods triumvirate would be complete. :)
5 comments:
Oh, I'm so excited for the nearby food adventures in your new neighborhood. I (almost) always make it a point to walk for gelato, since it's only about .75 mile away. I figure it's close to a calorie wash.
And nothing like a good, fresh doughnut, with "fresh" being the operative word.
I hope you can manage to control the itches. It must be intense!
I left a comment on your last post about the itching! oops.
I was just curious, what is your favorite doughnut shop? What is your favorite doughnut that they sell? I like Krispy Kreme but also like our local Dunkin Donuts. I'm a sucker for the chocolate bar or the apple fritter. I try to visit seldomly so that my clothes don't shrink! ha ha : )
Hope your itching subsides soon!
Hey Nancy,
I adore Krispy Kreme! My favorite doughnut shop is local to the Lafayette/Baton Rouge area. It used to be called Meche's and for the life of me I can never remember what it's been renamed. My favorite doughnut of theirs is the plain, old glazed one. It literally melts in your mouth on contact. I could happily eat a dozen, and have been known to on occassion. I don't know if they still do, but before I was diagnosed, they used to do a doughnut king cake. Imagine a king cake made of doughnut dough and topped with glaze and colored sugar. Diabolical.
I think I'm having a Homer Simpson moment. :)
OMG! For the first time, I'm glad you don't live closer! jk... We would be eating doughnuts all day together and would have to roll ourselves to our doctors appointments! YIKES!!!
I never heard of a King Doughnut cake!!! hmmmm sounds completely dangerous!
Catch you later Homer!
Oh my gosh, Ann, those are all my favorite snacks too!!!
Post a Comment