Tuesday, February 6, 2007

In the Aftermath of Round Two

2/6/07 Day 27

Well, it's my first day out of the hospital and I can sincerely say that the second round of chemo was worse than the first. I'm feeling very run down and expect to continue feeling this way as my blood counts drop. I still have numbness in all of my fingertips, but now there is a tingling sensation on the tops of my thumbs and first fingers. Otherwise, I am doing fine.

It occurred to me today that every conversation I have concerns a bodily function. I cannot wait for the day when I can talk to somone without mentioning the number of times I had to do something or how much of it there was. If you've ever been hospitalized, you should be able to relate.

I had to start taking steriod eyedrops four times a day in addition to all of the other medications. Now I just sound like a whiner. :)

It was really wonderful to see Tina and Joe this weekend. I really enjoyed catching up and it was just nice to be around them.

Chari and Steve came out our first time out of the hospital and it made a world of difference to see friends from home. I keep promising to post a picture of the hat so here goes. All of my friends at work (and Marisa, my lion buddy) that signed the get well hat, it means a lot to me.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

lilredcr said...

Ann,
I'm sorry I haven't called in a few days. I'll try to reach you tomorrow morning.
Marisa loved the picture.
I really hate that you're feeling so bad now but just think . . . you're 1 step closer to recovery and coming home.
I hope ya'll have a good night.
Chari