Friday, February 23, 2007

Rotten day

2/23/07 Day 44

Well, I am definitely sick. We should get the test results of the nasal wash tomorrow, but I can tell you that I am ill. The signs are all there--sneezing, congestion, green mucous.

I'm back on Lasix today because it seems that I am retaining fluid. The staff is concerned that it will settle in my lungs and that would be very bad. I have to record how much liquid I take in and how much I eliminate every day. I managed to take in three liters of liquid yesterday, but I didn't put out nearly enough to compensate for it, which triggered the alarm bells. The day before that I took in 2 liters and the day before it was one liter. One liter is pretty normal for a healthy adult. I'm just an over achiever all around.

My Luperon shot should be coming today. We're taking bets on where they'll want to inject it. I'm holding out for the fattest part of me. Chris thinks it will be in the arm. Not my favorite place to get a shot. Cross your fingers and say a prayer that this will help in the long run.

I'm still throwing up, so the doctor is changing my nausea medicine. I hope it works. I've been vomiting like clock work at the same time everyday. I've lost the three pounds that I put on last week. I am still making myself eat, and Chris and the nursing staff are making sure that I'm eating most of what I order. The food service team even checks to see how much I've eaten. Like I've said before, everyone here is really great. I've only met two people who should be in a different line of business. Lucky for me, I haven't had to deal with them since the first time.

Sorry this post couldn't be more positive. The doctor says that I should be getting out on Sunday. I can't wait! I hope to have better news to post next time.

No comments: