2/12/07 Day 33
Ok, there's good news and there's not so good news.
My eyes popped open in the shower today. It was a very big surprise. Chris has just inserted a thermometer into my ear and the temperature is normal. He'll probably take my temperature again just to be sure. He did. He's doing it a third time. Now I have to do the oral thermometer because the second and third reading were a little above normal. Bare with me.
All done and the next three were normal.
Now, back to the eyes...I can't read yet, because it stresses my eyes to focus on small print. I apologize for the extra mistakes in advance. My vision is otherwise clear. I am still light sensitive and this probably has to do with a combination of the chemical damage and the fact that my eyes were closed for so long. Anyhow, I am grateful to be able to see again. Let's all hope that this lasts. I have an appointment with the opthamologist tomorrow. Small world, she's from Baton Rouge.
The not so good news is that as my counts crash, so does my energy level. I woke up feeling run down today. As the day progressed, it got worse. I have a small headache which could have something to do with my eyes and my appetite is gone again. If I push too hard to eat, I get nauseated. My hands have been continuously shaky today and I had to take a nap. I haven't had to do that in a while. I have blood work scheduled tomorrow morning. Chris thinks that I'll have to have a transfusion. I think he might be right.
My eyes are starting to really bother me, so I have to cut this short. I will let everyone know what the doctor says about my eyes.
Before I forget, the ugly part is actually quite funny. My eyebrows have started falling out. Actually, they were falling out the entire time I couldn't see, so I was very surprised to see that the left one has a bald patch and looks like a pencil thin mustache. The right eyebrow is actually falling out rather nicely. It just looks like I had it waxed. Go figure. I'll let them come out naturally, which probably means that I'll have on eyebrow for a while. :)
1 comment:
Hey, Kiddo. It looks like your in the fight! Keeping you in my thoughts!
Wiley+
Post a Comment