Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ann's rant

I had to add my two cents.
A) I can't believe the insurance company and that's all I can say without using expletives.
B) The walks with the IV pole are because of the Lasik. It makes you have to go potty, alot--really alot. It's surreal.
C) We have been at MDA for twelve hours and counting. Still waiting for my transfusions to finish.

Big thank you to Tina for the link on magnesium rich foods. Chris seriously made me sit and eat cashews.

There is a new side effect to report. The backs of my hands have started to bruise (my fingernails too) and the skin between my fingers and under my nails is starting to peel off. It's like when you have a sunburn. The PA said it was normal, so we're not supposed to be worried. I will never be able to live out my dream of becoming a hand model like my hero George Costanza.

My vision continues to improve. I have gotten more stares for wearing the sunglasses than the bald head. Go figure. The light still bothers me, but not as much. I had to miss my appointment with the opthamalogist because of the surprise transfusion. I've been hooked up to the IV since 11AM and am still hooked up as of 7PM. We've rescheduled for Thursday. I'm not sure that we'll make that one either because of the way things are going so far.

If anything else happens, we'll post it. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you both know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. Ann, you are an inspiration to me. I read your blog when I can and I just pray that this is just a bump in a long and winding road. If there is anything I can do for either of you, please let me know. Happy Valentine's Day! Dawn