Friday, February 2, 2007

Mystery Pielet and my friend Earl

2/2/07 Day 23

The "fruit pielet" was an absolute mystery. It looked like it would just be a deep dish apple pie. When I put my fork in it, there were about two inches of brown congealed syrup and I couldn't find any fruit. When I cut it in half, there were three canned peach slices in the bottom. Is that technically a pie? I wasn't sad, it just seemed like false advertisement.

On a brighter note, Earl the toilet is back.

There is no standing water in a PPE room. It's a very high risk for people in my condition. This means that there is a stand with a bucket in it. The bucket is lined with plastic bags and you guessed it, there is a toilet seat on top. I have never voluntarily camped in my life. This is the funniest thing that has ever happened to me. The first time I went into PPE, the nurse that was showing me the room said, "You don't have a toilet." I looked at her and said, "That's ok, I'll just use the one down the hall." She just smiled, and I should have known. I thought my chemo would be outpatient after the first stay in the hospital. When I found out that I would be going back into PPE I couldn't stop laughing.

Hooray remission!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if a girl's got it with hair, she's got it without hair! Anne: you've always had it! Although, the Tina Turner wig idea sounds pretty amusing! I'm way too technologically challenged for this! - Wiley+