Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I forgot to mention a few things yesterday, so I'll do my best to fill in the blanks today.

Three of my liver enzymes continue to be elevated and since this is happening in conjunction with my other GvHD, there may be a chance that I have GvH of the liver. I've started taking a medication to protect my liver for the time being.

There is a strange brown scaly spot on my left leg which Dr. Hymes thinks is definitely GvHD of the skin. I have to keep moisturized to help keep things under control.

I've been testing my glucose levels all day and just befor dinner I went above acceptable levels. I ended up giving myself an insulin shot and it wasn't so bad. I'm going to have to remember to stay on an eating schedule to avoid crazy fluctuations in my blood sugar. Chris has stocked the house up on healthy, portable snacks that I can carry with me while in clinic. I still need to do a bit more research on how to handle the situation. I'll save that for tomorrow.

I know that there's a dictionary's worth of information that I'm forgetting, but my brain is still getting adjusted to all of the new chemicals, so you'll have to bear with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann-

Keep us upfated. I know your body is trying to figure out what the heck is happening. Gets lots of rest and take good care of yourself.
xo-Lea

Anonymous said...

This all sounds like a right drag. It's like you take more medicine than food these days. If you need recommendations on portable snack ideas, let me know. Us pregnant ladies are experts on this.
-Carilou