Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This round of cytoxin is a monster. The last time I received it was with my first transplant and it didn't have such an immediate effect of me. This time, I could feel it almost immediately. I spent the better part of today huddled in my bed struck down with stomach pain. It made eating a chore and forget about wanting to drink anything. Unfortunately, cytoxin is extraordinarily toxic to your bladder, so you have to drink copious amounts of water to eliminate it from your system. You have to suffer to be well.

I sucked it up, literally, and dealt with the discomfort.

I finally confessed to my nurse that I had a stomach ache and she suggested a few things including Maalox and something for gas. I was so miserable, I took her up on everything. Nothing worked on its own, but the discomfort eventually subsided and I was able to eat a small portion of dinner. I blame the cytoxin.

My numbers have yet to bottom out, but my doctor assures me that I shouldn't worry. It should happen any day now. I'm anxious for it to happen because the sooner I reach zero, the sooner I can work on engrafting. Not that hospital living doesn't have it's appeal, but there's something to be said for sleeping through the night without visitors coming and going at all hours.

I'm still feeling a little deflated from all of the chemicals, so that's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello ann

firstly, i would like to congrats you on your transplant. i hope this time around you will be cured.

but i'm sorry to hear about the pain you have to endure during all this time. but pray that it will be better soon.

stay strong and try to drink as much as you can.

nora

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Ann - this too shall pass but it sux now!

Jennifer

PJ said...

I'm amazed you can blog! And eat! You're incredible, you know that?
xo

Tina said...

I'm thinking about Ike and it's path...ugh.
Anniebananie, you are so strong! it's amazing!