Day +21 (D 159)
This is going to be an uncharacteristically short, but we are both tired and have to get up for labs early in the morning.
Ann got discharged from the hospital today and walked out under her own power. She was so proud, and was smiling from ear to ear behind her mask.
Her labs look good and both her WBC count and ANC continue to rise towards normal levels.
Tonight she gets to engage in some small freedoms like eating something not from the hospital menu, sleeping in a real bed and not being woken up every 4 hours.
Tomorrow we start our new daily routine at MDA with hope for a brighter future.
6 comments:
Escape from Alcatraz!!! Whoo Hoo! You go, Girl!
I know you are at peace tonight, having exhaled somewhat and getting a chance to finally, truly relax for the first time in a long while. Enjoy. You deserve it.
Love and prayers from out west.
Congratulations are in order!!! We're so happy for both of you. We hope that you continue to have the best possible result and regain your full strength soon! So far, you sailed through with flying colors. Keep it up and enjoy your freedom!!! With love,
Nancy & Mark Sakakura
Congratulations on the release. What wonderful news. I hope that this is a sign of wonderful things to come for the both of you. You all continue to stay in my prayers. In an effort to forward progress towards fighting blood cancers, I will be participating in Team in Training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and running the Nike Women's Marathon. Take a look at the level of donations made so far to this effort: http://www.active.com/donate/tntla/JKahn . You all are an inspiration.
Jeannine Kahn
I'm on the edge of my seat to hear what you ate last night and how many hours you slept uninterrupted! I'm so happy about your "escape"! Sending lots of love your way!
:) All smiles.
I came across your blog today and was pleased to see that you are being treated at MDA. I volunteer there on Monday afternoons and bring coffee, tea and hot chocolate to people in the waiting rooms in the Alkeck building. I hope that sometime I might get to see you and serve you. My thoughts and prayers are with you since I myself have CLL. You go girl!!!!
Post a Comment