Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Double Trouble

Day +14 (D 152)

I know we usually post late in the day, but I couldn't resist. Hehe, my white blood cell count was 0.4 today. Hooray! I'm still cranky from lack of sleep, but otherwise, I feel great for a transplant patient. Chris and I were wondering in the white blood cells multiply linearly, or exponentially. We'll know for certain tomorrow when my next set of numbers come in. Or, Caroline, you could get Stuart on the case and put us out of our misery. :) Wanda Thibodeaux, you too. More to come later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo for .4!!!

boo for fuzzy pillows.

-paige

Anonymous said...

this is so exciting!!!

do keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Ann, I don't know you but I am orginally from Baton Rouge, however I live out west now. I found your site on the Advocate website and have been following your story/progress with hope and prayers. Congratulations on the doubling of your wbc! What great news! Hang in there! It's all UP from here! Keep up your spirit, keep up your strength and keep up your hope! Love and Prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ann! Here's a big smiley sticker for you and your fantastic new white blood cells! :)

Anonymous said...

I asked Dr. Stu and the answer is....exponentially. Hurrah! All cells multiply exponentially. So it goes from .1 to .2 to .4 but then one from the beginning may die off (naturally) so the next count might be .6 or .7 but ideally .8. Etc. Etc. Any other geeky science questions?

Unknown said...

woo hoo! yay!!!! Never thought I'd be rooting for white blood cells but I am! You go girl! :)