Day +11 (D 149)
It literally has been just another day. More tests, and more walks, and more medicines. I have the routine memorized. My counts remain low, but I did not need any transfusions today. I feel like a broken record.
The head of transplants is now my doctor for the next few days. He's the first doctor to tell me that my type of transplant takes the longest to engraft. Everyone else has been dancing around the subject. I can help speed things along by exercising, but this might only shave a few days off. The doctor always sounds optimistic about my case, which I suppose is reassuring.
I'm chomping at the bit to get out of here. I can also say that mauve and teal are definitely my least favorite colors. I'm tempted to get someone to smuggle paint into my room so that I can obliterate the despicable colors. You have to be a complete sadist to be a commercial decorator. How can someone put such horrible combinations together and then throw florals on top of it? Hospital rooms are supposed to be restful. At least you can turn the lights off. :)
As Chris pointed out in an earlier blog, I just need to be patient. We had an interesting conversation about Kung Fu today. Chris tried to draw a correlation between himself and Caine. Nothing doing. When we broke it all down, it turned out that I was more suited to being Caine than Caine was. I'll just spend the next few days learning to snatch the pebble out of Master Khan's hand.
5 comments:
Did someone say Khan?
There's another parallel for you: Khan leaves Kirk "marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet...buried alive." But in the end Kirk escapes because he's both patient and crafty. :)
If patience is a virtue, Ann is a saint
Daily she is the model of emotional restraint
Waiting to engraft. Wanting to puke.
She’s more than and angel in the Gospel of Luke.
I’m tired of nausea, bone pain, fatigue
Ann’s good sprit is in its own league!
With tubes she is drained and with needles she’s stuck
I’d want to scream and yell, “What the hooey!”
hahaha! that last post, i was thinking, "wait, hooey doesn't rhyme with stuck..."
yeah. i'm a bright one.
:)
- paige
What?! Mauve and teal don't look good???? Hooey!
Post a Comment