Day +28 (Day 166)
Ann counts today and yesterday have been dropping from the high points they achieved two days ago. Today's WBC count was 2.5 K/uL and the ANC was 1.85 K/uL. Whats the reason? Neupogene...aka G-CSF (Growth - Colony Stimulating Factor). We had been taking neupogene every day since before she was discharged from the hospital back on day +12. We where ordered to stop taking it on day +25 when her ANC advanced above 2.5 K/uL.
The 300 mg/day shot has been stimulating her new stem cells into action and from today's blood test results it's clear that they are still too immature to be a head lining act just yet. So today we are starting the neupogene shots again. Ann will proably be on it and off it periodically with diminishing frequency, until Ann's counts reach equilibrium.
I spotted a small, for lack of a better word, "blotch" on Ann's stomach and thought it might be early onset of GvH. After we altered the PA to it, she was pretty skeptical that it was, but cautioned us to keep an eye on it. GvH is like wildfire and it can spring up suddenly and disappear just as fast. Despite this MDA has reduced Ann's level of the anti-rejection meds prograf and cell-cept.
The nurses are still very positive about Ann's progress. I guess they have all gotten used to how good she looks and how much energy she has, despite their expectations for the performance of a CBT. It's still no surprise to me. I have spent the last 13 years deeply in love with her and I know how tough she is.
2 comments:
And anyone reading this blog has to have fallen in love with the two of you. :) Good morning guys.
I second your comment Mabyn Shingleton.
Post a Comment