D +3 (Day 141)
I'm on isolation protocol again today. This means that anyone who enters the room must don an isolation gown and gloves. This also means that Chris can't spend the night unless he plans on sleeping in the gown and gloves. I'm being monitored for an intestinal virus. This means that I have to produce a specimen to be analyzed for three days. Imagine my joy. I asked what would happen if I couldn't produce a specimen today and the nurse told me that if I hadn't in 24 hours, then I'd go off isolation. This just means that when the whole complaint starts all over again in 48 hours, I'll have to go back on the same protocol. It's a vicious and disgusting circle. Seriously, if I told you guys the things I have to do involving the potty and the need to know of the nursing staff, you'd all stop reading. I'm grossed out, myself.
It's raining in Houston--again. It makes for a pretty depressing view. On the up side, at least I have a view. There are a few rooms on this floor smaller than mine without windows. Being sick is depressing enough with windows. I am happy to report that aside from the little stomach thing, I feel relatively fine. Chris gets mad when I say this, since I'm prone to telling people I'm fine when I'm not. I do actually feel pretty normal today. My appetite is still off and I'm still experimenting with what I can and can't eat. The nutritionist stays on top of me and my doctor assures me that this is normal. I think it's the menu more than my appetite. No fresh fruits or veggies. The hospital menu stays static, so it's gotten very old. The specials are usually fried, so I can't have them. Believe it or not, I would honestly kill for ramen noodles right now. It's always the things that you can't have that you start to miss the most.
I know we've been pretty sporadic with the postings lately. I'm sorry about that. Our schedules have been so strange for the last week that it's sometimes hard to find the energy to write. I promise to be better from here on out.
Before I forget, my numbers are still nothing to write home about. My doctor told me that I'm right on track today. I'd like to think that I'm a little ahead of schedule, but what do doctors know. :)
2 comments:
Glad you could write. Hang in there. Miss you bunches. Think of you VERY OFTEN.
Hey Ann & Chris,
I hope you are feeling ok today. I know this is a ROUGH time for u both. I am praying for you and thinking of you all the time...I feel like I know you two.
Blessings and love,
Ash
Post a Comment