Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's new

I know a house hunting blog entry was promised, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I have an absolutely amazing agent who has stuck by us for two years. Two years! Angela has been the epitome of patience and caring. She was with us in 2007 when we found our first dream house and made an offer. Two days later I was back at MDA being treated for PTLD. She was with us last year when we were about to close the deal on a great little garden home. The day we were supposed to sign the paperwork, I was in a hospital room at MDA getting the news that I had 74% blasts circulating in my blood stream and that the leukemia was back.

Angela has stuck with us through thick and thin, always with a smile. She's constantly checking to be sure that I feel safe in any new environment and she's constantly making sure that I feel well enough to forge ahead. I'm happy to call her a friend and feel especially blessed to have her in my life. If you're planning on selling or buying a home, click on her name and check out her website. I promise you won't be disappointed if you choose her as your agent.

I can't bring myself to talk about houses not because I've had any bad experiences seeing any. It's just that the ones that we've been interested in making offers on either go under contract before we can submit any paperwork, or get withdrawn from the market. This has happened three times since we started this. For those of you who have bought a home in BR recently, or even just looked, you know that the asking price per square foot is still higher than the national average. We always seem to find the houses owned by the least flexible individuals. C'est la vie.

I'm also constantly looking over my shoulder as we pursue this for the third time. Pre-lymphoma, and relapse are pretty hard memories to shake. I have to believe that there's a reason things work out the way they do.

On to brighter things, I think. I saw my local oncologist this morning and my counts are good. WBC's are 6.3, RBC's are 2.77, platelets are 240, and my ANC is 4.8. My liver enzymes and creatinine are still high, but they're headed in the right direction. I'll see my local doctor in a month for a routine check up, unless something happens. I don't see my transplant doctor until July. My eight month anniversary is next week. Maybe I'll be able to celebrate by picking out paint colors for a new house. Who knows?

4 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Maybe she'll get the idea if you follow her around with a Lysol spray bottle and give her a few spritzes every now and then.

Ann said...

LOL Ronni! I've put that forward and had it vetoed as being too confrontational.

Susan C said...

Hmmmm. . . Chloe seems to be a clone of the teen I have under my roof. It's stressful under the best of circumstances, let alone, when trying to maintain a sanitary environment.

wiley said...

I recommend a daily dip in a large drum of industrial disinfectant. At one time, there was "Janitor in a Drum" to be had. Lysol might do it, but something that leaves a marked color stain, like Betadyne, would have the salutary secondary effect of training her to be more considerate by marking her in public, like sheep dip! Keep getting better, Kiddo! You still owe us a visit.